Tornadoes

We got hammered here in Clarksville yesterday. I'm one of the fortunate ones as all I lost is power and maybe what I have in the freezers.
I saw on the 11:00 news last night about a tornado somewhere in the northern part of Tennessee and that it was tracking the same path of the ones that hit Kentucky a couple of years ago. If I'm remembering correctly, that one hit Clarksville as well.

I saw on the 11:00 news last night about a tornado somewhere in the northern part of Tennessee and that it was tracking the same path of the ones that hit Kentucky a couple of years ago. If I'm remembering correctly, that one hit Clarksville as well.
That one missed us to the north. Still recovering at LBL. Very destructive on the Kentucky border. That storm was much larger than the one that came through here yesterday and stronger. Not taking away from yesterday's storm, as it was and is devastating to many.

Nasty storms for sure. Been through some of those myself and always cringe when I see these things hit anymore. Checked in with some friends in that vicinity this morning. Mostly dealing with power outages and cleanup.

Thoughts are with the folk that were injured or lost their lives ( 3 dead 23 hurt last I saw) and the people facing the rebuilding process today.

There was one that hit downtown Clarksville a few years back, it was pretty bad and shut down downtown.

Here in West TN we had several tornado warnings and a couple touched down...One just north of me in Rutherford TN. Here we just got high winds and sideway blowing rains...

My wife has family that lives across the state line from Clarksville in Trenton and Elkton KY.

Hendersonville (about 15 miles away) definitely had at least one touch down.

Reports saying Gallatin (5 miles away) may have, too. But I have seen nothing definitive.

We didn't even see any high winds on this side of the lake, just rain and lightning.

Praying for those affected.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
I was working at the ER in Hendersonville yesterday. A tornado apparently touched down a few miles from the hospital. We were prepping for a mass casualty situation, but luckily it never happened. Apparently a few buildings collapsed with people trapped inside.

Reactions: tennrich1
I saw a couple posts towards the end of the Vols BB game in the game thread about warnings - tuned into the Weather Channel and the idiots were showing a polar bear doc. - didnt see anything on it the rest of the day either

2 year old died. Six total deaths in the state

We got hammered here in Clarksville yesterday. I'm one of the fortunate ones as all I lost is power and maybe what I have in the freezers.
I don’t live there anymore, but I grew up on the north side of Clarksville not far from where the tornado hit this time. A lot of my high school friends checking in as safe on Facebook, talking about calling their students to make sure they’re safe as well.

My son and his wife were at the movies in Clarksville when they shut it down and got everyone in the hall in tornado position. He called and I could hear the fear. I knew it was serious and I hadn't seen him that nervous before. The tornado missed them but devastated areas near them.

I was watching a little of the MTSU basketball game. It was on late and the broadcast team explained they were all (fans, players etc) taken to the basement area until the tornado past. I only had a little rain here in Western part of the state.

We got hammered here with rain in north jackson sky looked bad for awhile wind was bad but that was it luckily
Yep. High winds and driving rains. Daughter and her son live outside of Humboldt and their tornado sirens went off.

Reactions: BreatheUT

VN Store

Back