Top Secret Practices

So apparently CBJ has been have some of the most secretive practices known to recent memory this week. No pictures, no video they can't even watch the stretching. He has been kicking out the media very quickly. I for one like it! Has me wondering what he has in store for this game.

"has been have some"? Somebody already started drinking.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm in Knoxville for work. Went by the book store for some new grey shirts. The sound coming from the practice facility was deafening so I had to go by there. The volume that was being played of the Florida crowd was insane. And the QB battle was definitely taking place. CBJ even had the scout team dressed in Florida gear. They even had gator logos on their helmets. This practice was serious. I have some terrible cellphone videos of the noise if you care to see

:crazy:

would be cool to see UT actually try something like that. i was so pumped when drummer ran the fake fg for TD last yr against Mizzou. but of course we know how that ended. the stadium booed ol Orange Pants outta there as they should have. it was a long drive back home

The last time a UT punter pulled a fake against UF was Britton Colquitt and that didn't fare too well.

Butch made the highlight reels quite a few times with trick plays at Cincinnati, wouldn't surprise me if we saw some.

Who is Clark? Yes, I'm serious. Florida crowd noise, blue jerseys, gators on the scout team helmets

For future reference:
3od5u8.jpg

This week the season starts in ernest. As much as I'd of like to do better against Oregon, it in the end matters very little when looking at our schedule.

I prefer closed practices. We, of all fan bases, should know that skill positions in practice are completely different in the game. (See Crompton, Worley, Dennis Rogan, Art Evans......) What does it matter if we as the fan base see or hear about practices? We aren't owed anything except what happens on Saturdays. If I was ever a coach at the national level, I would never have open practices.

I prefer closed practices. We, of all fan bases, should know that skill positions in practice are completely different in the game. (See Crompton, Worley, Dennis Rogan, Art Evans......) What does it matter if we as the fan base see or hear about practices? We aren't owed anything except what happens on Saturdays. If I was ever a coach at the national level, I would never have open practices.

Yeah, honestly, I never really cared much about practice reports. Everyone is the next big thing on the practice field. Every practice could be closed for all I care. It's preferable actually, because then you get to hear all the local sports radio AD sycophants whine like 5 year olds about practice being closed. Might have been the only joy I derived from Dooley's tenure.

If smart he chose his starting qb on Tuesday (in secret) and has been working on timing and route running issues all week.
Deciding Sat. would be disastrous against Fla's secondary.

my guess: he's installing more of a classic power-running/play-action game. we don't have the speed to run our current offense against the majority of our schedule. so, he's switching the offense to something that better fits our personel.

let FL scheme against our read-(option?) and then we'll run the ball right up their gut the whole game.

VN Store

Back