Top 25 (per Rivals)

BallerVol

woohoo!! We have cracked the top 25 according to Rivals in the recruiting rankings. Now, before people get on to me... NO this is not good enough, but I had told myself when CBJ was hired that he would be doing a pretty good job to get us into the top 25, anything more was a bonus (for this year only). He has reached that goal with still more time to go, and they're looking better each and every day. Sorry, but I had to let out some of my excitement. GBO and I hope this pattern of recruiting better and better continues to improve

Reactions: 24 people
I honestly believe Butch Jones is gonna be a great coach and will bring Tennessee football back. I did believe in Dooley, but Jones just has this certain thing about him that I am very excited about. I wasn't this excited about Dooley as I am about Jones. BELIEVE VOL NATION!!!

Reactions: 10 people
If we had North, Lawson, and just three 3 stars we would be 8th right now. Rankings really don't mean much right now when you can take 8 or 9 more guys.

Reactions: 6 people
woohoo!! We have cracked the top 25 according to Rivals in the recruiting rankings. Now, before people get on to me... NO this is not good enough, but I had told myself when CBJ was hired that he would be doing a pretty good job to get us into the top 25, anything more was a bonus (for this year only). He has reached that goal with still more time to go, and they're looking better each and every day. Sorry, but I had to let out some of my excitement. GBO and I hope this pattern of recruiting better and better continues to improve

That wasn't really realistic. Just filling out the class with middle of the road 3 stars would have easily put us in the top 25. We need and should expect better than that.

Reactions: 2 people
Kind of off the subject, but it pisses me off to look at that list is see USC with 6 5-star prospects.

If we had North, Lawson, and just three 3 stars we would be 8th right now. Rankings really don't mean much right now when you can take 8 or 9 more guys.

exactly, top 25 is good considering how many spots we have left, whos looking at us, and the fact that we had dooley basically destroying our rep for 3 years.

Reactions: 5 people
Think about this, the staff has really not even been able to recruit for a full two weeks because of the dead period. We've had 6 commitments and have gotten in on countless other recruits who could ultimately pick us. I think the 2014 class, which has started out great already with limited time, will be the real picture of what recruiting will be like under CBJ. So far, I am very impressed and excited!!

Reactions: 4 people
We're limited to 25 new recruits thanks to Kiffin right? That gives us 7 more spots to fill and we're currently ranked #25. I see us potentially sneaking into a top 15, top 10 recruting class. There's a lot of time left before NSD.

Reactions: 1 person
CBJ and staff are obviously working their tails off, but we really need LBs and RBs now. I think we get a couple of RBs, but LB is a concern. Grace and Cunningham would be nice.

Alot of time left before NSD. Guys could leave, we'll pickup some other guys, and other teams will pick up other guys. We will finish in the top 25 for sure but it could get much better than that.

Alot of time left before NSD. Guys could leave, we'll pickup some other guys, and other teams will pick up other guys. We will finish in the top 25 for sure but it could get much better than that.

I agree.

We're limited to 25 new recruits thanks to Kiffin right? That gives us 7 more spots to fill and we're currently ranked #25. I see us potentially sneaking into a top 15, top 10 recruting class. There's a lot of time left before NSD.

It's been stated we can sign 27 this yr, back count 2 from last yr!!!!:hi:

This ^^^^

Its sad that you had to qualify your words in anticipation of getting flamed, but I understand why you would.

This is progress we should be happy with, and yes we all want more. And I have a feeling we move up over the next month.

We have lost about six or eight commitments. Does anybody have a breakdown or know which ones of these Ditched us and which ones we ditched?

I like the pick up today. I would not be disappointed if we pick up a few more like this and let a few of our current prospects look around. Optimism has kicked in a little today for me.

VN Store

Back