Top 25 discrepancy

I doubt Jackson gets the Edward's assignment...

Not sure who else would be available to guard her with the starting lineup.

Walker - Muhl
Darby - Lopez Senechal
Horston - Griffin
Jackson - Edwards
Striplin - Juhasz

These are the matchups I see. Not sure how Jackson or Horston avoids having to check Edwards unless they move Horston to PG and bring in Puckett. to play high post. And does Kellie really want to put the pressure on Sara to guard their best player? Overall, this is not a good matchup for Tennessee if they can't get UConn in foul trouble.

Not sure who else would be available to guard her with the starting lineup.

Walker - Muhl
Darby - Lopez Senechal
Horston - Griffin
Jackson - Edwards
Striplin - Juhasz

These are the matchups I see. Not sure how Jackson or Horston avoids having to check Edwards unless they move Horston to PG and bring in Puckett. to play high post. And does Kellie really want to put the pressure on Sara to guard their best player? Overall, this is not a good matchup for Tennessee if they can't get UConn in foul trouble.

Darby - Lopez Senechal ? i`m not sure that is a good matchup for Darby

Darby - Lopez Senechal ? i`m not sure that is a good matchup for Darby
None of them are good matchups for Tennessee. Edwards and Griffin can defend Jackson and Horston. Horston can defend Griffin...but Jackson can't defend Edwards. She's too big and strong. They need to find a way to expose Lopez Senechal and have her on Horston, but that will come at the expense of having 3-point shooters on the floor for Tennessee.

Originally, I thought Tennessee should have the advantage, but i'm second guessing that. I don't think they have a shot unless they can get Muhl or Lopez Senechal in foul trouble (Patterson and Deberry gives them insurance for Edwards and Juhasz).

Stop being cute. Cecil tweeted Cora's article, and paraphrased her first sentance in his tweet.

MTSU should celebrate their accomplishment. Why shouldn't they? Nothing they tweeted was even remotely disrespectful.
One fan chirped at Sam for dodging MTSU but will play all the other schools in Tennessee. Got Sam's attention

None of them are good matchups for Tennessee. Edwards and Griffin can defend Jackson and Horston. Horston can defend Griffin...but Jackson can't defend Edwards. She's too big and strong. They need to find a way to expose Lopez Senechal and have her on Horston, but that will come at the expense of having 3-point shooters on the floor for Tennessee.

Originally, I thought Tennessee should have the advantage, but i'm second guessing that. I don't think they have a shot unless they can get Muhl or Lopez Senechal in foul trouble (Patterson and Deberry gives them insurance for Edwards and Juhasz).

Sadly, I have to agree. And while Tennessee has obviously made strides in the weeks after the terrible start, they have have NOT played a team as good as Connecticut this season. The recent wins against scrappy teams like Florida and Missouri were stepping stones in the gradual climb back into a more respectable place in the eyes of all those watching Tennessee's progress carefully, but don't kid yourselves. Connecticut's offense AND defense will be harder to handle than any the Lady Vols have faced yet.

Can Tennessee win? Yes! It's a home game, so they'll have a decent shot. Could Tennessee lose by 15-plus? There's also a chance that could happen, too.

All I know is I'm fairly certain I will have no voice left after the game, and I hope everyone else who's planning to attend is going to be yelling just as much.

No matter the outcome I'm still going to be proud of the strides they've made this season.

Rocky Top is the Move🧡🧡‼️
Rickea was the most talented player on the court if BOTH teams were healthy.
No player on UCONN or any other team in the country can guard RJ. Better send a double team.
I’m thinking she goes for atleast 25… the poster just exposed themselves with this myth. Better hope Coach Harper brings her off the bench and TN gets dug into a hole or it’s a wrap.

For what it’s worth, I like the LV’s chances Thursday night, especially if you can force some foul trouble on them with your deeper bench. Jordy has to play of course, and Strip needs some quality play against Dorka defensively. Wonder who matches up with Edwards in the game? Probably not Sarah, maybe Franklin/Holl combo?
I thought Sara did a good job on Brink in the first half of the Stanford game

I think we see Deberry a lot more in this game

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Sadly, I have to agree. And while Tennessee has obviously made strides in the weeks after the terrible start, they have have NOT played a team as good as Connecticut this season. The recent wins against scrappy teams like Florida and Missouri were stepping stones in the gradual climb back into a more respectable place in the eyes of all those watching Tennessee's progress carefully, but don't kid yourselves. Connecticut's offense AND defense will be harder to handle than any the Lady Vols have faced yet.

Can Tennessee win? Yes! It's a home game, so they'll have a decent shot. Could Tennessee lose by 15-plus? There's also a chance that could happen, too.

All I know is I'm fairly certain I will have no voice left after the game, and I hope everyone else who's planning to attend is going to be yelling just as much.

No matter the outcome I'm still going to be proud of the strides they've made this season.

Fully agree. Tennessee’s also facing a UConn team that’s placed a very tough OOC schedule. We know their two losses came without Fudd. Dorka was also missing in those games - and they still were very competitive.

Only if UConn gets a big lead or if Dorka gets in foul trouble. With the exception of Patterson, I don't envision Geno going to his bench much unless he really, really has to.

I get it Geno don`t like to go to his bench, But at some point not playing her will cost him and the team. She can only get better and by being on the floor i think?. Get her ready for SC if anything.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It's funny how one team can eke out win's vs top 25 teams that without lucky bounces/calls etc. could have gone either way. Then on the other hand a team loses some vs top teams that could have gone either way with luck/bounces/calls. In the end you can put it together as the year goes and it will all play out by tournament time.

VN Store

Back