Top 15?

Looking at the winners and losers during this bowl season, all the pig pin teams do not hold up to the top 6 SEC teams and the other conferences are below them. Our Tennessee Volunteers should be ranked in the top 10. We will probably be 15th.

So.....do we crack the top 15 ?
Hard to say. The team we just walloped was not even in the top 15. We could jump Louisville, Oregon St., NC St., but I don’t see us jumping Oklahoma St. who is ranked one spot of us with a win over A&M and definitely not Notre Notre Dame.who is at 16 with a an even huge win over #18 Louisville. My guess is 17 or 16 at best.

Look at all the teams ahead of us who lost their bowls. Most lost BADLY. Everyone from #16 to #24, except for Oklahoma State, lost.

Louisville? Lost. SMU? Lost. Liberty? Lost badly. NC State? Lost. Iowa? Lost badly (to us, heh). Oregon State? Lost hugely. Tulane? Lost and should never have been ahead of us anyway. James Madison? Ditto.

So that alone would probably shift us up from #25 (that's where we were in the AP poll, which is different from the CFP rankings) to about #16 or #17. We and Oklahoma State would float up through the losers together.

But the question is, do we leapfrog some of the teams further above that who also lost? Like #10 Penn State and #12 Oklahoma. We could. And if we do, that puts us right at #14 or #15.

I don't think the top tier losers (#4 FSU and #7 Ohio St) will drop far enough for us to benefit. But Penn St and Oklahoma could.

We'll see.

My money says we'll end up #14, #15, #16, or #17 in the AP, and probably a bit higher in the Coaches poll.

Go Vols!

Reactions: Native Orange
So.....do we crack the top 15 ?
Hard to say. The team we just walloped was not even in the top 15. We could jump Louisville, Oregon St., NC St., but I don’t see us jumping Oklahoma St. who is ranked one spot of us with a win over A&M and definitely not Notre Notre Dame.who is at 16 with a an even huge win over #18 Louisville. My guess is 17 or 16 at best.

Look at all the teams ahead of us who lost their bowls. Most lost BADLY. Everyone from #16 to #24, except for Oklahoma State, lost.

Louisville? Lost. SMU? Lost. Liberty? Lost badly. NC State? Lost. Iowa? Lost badly (to us, heh). Oregon State? Lost hugely. Tulane? Lost and should never have been ahead of us anyway. James Madison? Ditto.

So that alone would probably shift us up from #25 (that's where we were in the AP poll, which is different from the CFP rankings) to about #16 or #17. We and Oklahoma State would float up through the losers together.

But the question is, do we leapfrog some of the teams further above that who also lost? Like #10 Penn State and #12 Oklahoma. We could. And if we do, that puts us right at #14 or #15.

I don't think the top tier losers (#4 FSU and #7 Ohio St) will drop far enough for us to benefit. But Penn St and Oklahoma could.

We'll see.

My money says we'll end up #14, #15, #16, or #17 in the AP, and probably a bit higher in the Coaches poll.

Go Vols!
FSU should drop out imo

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Huepel is now 2-1 is bowl games with UT, blowing out 10 win Clemson and Iowa and getting SCREWED out of being 3-0.

Tenn was complete trash just a few years ago. While the ACC and Big 10 are not very good, baby steps include being better than other conferences upper half teams.

VN Store

Back