Top 10 biggest recruiting busts at UT since 2000

UT's#1Fan

Senior Executive Member
I think this could be an interesting topic. We should start with nominees and ultimately put a poll together to identify and vote on the top 10.

The criteria (suggested... feel free to chime in):

• Obviously they would have had to sign with Tennessee.
  • Must have been a 5 or 4 star recruit out of high school by at least 2 of the 4 recruiting services.
  • Severe injury abruptly ending or greatly hampering a players career should exclude them for consideration on this list. A player with constant nagging injuries or a kid that was injury-prone and therefore never met their potential is fair game.
  • In honor of whom I feel will be a strong contender for the #1 spot, this list will be known as the Kahlil McKenzie 10
  • Here's Rivals rankings to help you remember and research potential candidates. VolQuest.com

I'll start...

Kahlil McKenzie, 5* 2015
Chris Donald, 5* 2007
Ben Martin, 5* 2007
Bryce Brown, 5* 2009
Kenny O'Neal, 5* 2007
James Banks, 5* 2002

who else?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Probably too soon to call him a bust, but haven't seen enough of Eddrick Loften yet.

Reactions: 6 people
That 2002 Tennessee Recruiting class though

5 Stars - 5
4 Stars - 16

:drool:

Everyone has their own opinion, but to me a bust is a highly rated player that can't get on the field. Chris Donald, Kenny O'neal, Dontavis Blair, OJ Owens, Jerrod Askew, Daniel Brooks, Dillon Bates etc...

Hard for me to say James Banks, DaRick Rogers, or Kahlil McKenzie were bust.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back