Took the time to think about Tenn: practicing the right way

True, at least we can peaceably disagree. That’s something.

And yea, UT does hire on the cheap. They ALWAYS do....

No offense. But, who exactly were you expecting after John Currie squatted and took a gigantic du*p right on the power T at SWF with that hiring disaster, then had to be fired mid-search?
UT admins are some sad sacks, but our fate was sealed at that point. We were getting a coach in looking fwd to the OJT.

As I look back at the way practices were with Butch Jones, and comparing Pruitt’s practices, I see it more complexed.
1. Butch had the music playing loud. Pruitt none.
2. Butch loved to have his players dancing around, Pruitt none.
3. Butch players got hurt a lot for some reason, Pruitt players not so much.
4. Butch hollowing on a megaphone, Pruitt no.

If there is anything that you can think of the differences, please help me out!

So tell us please what is the right way. Jones is an idiot; Pruitt may lead this team to the worst record in the history of TN football and it took him 4 games to finally start Mauer. Pruitt doesn't know anything about how to be a head coach and he sure as hell doesn't know how to rebuild a program.

We had problems before, during, and after Jones. What does that tell you?

We did have problems, but none of the other coaches mentioned lacked integrity as much as Jones did. Jones really screwed up the culture of the program. Member that time he used his own players as enforcers against other players on the team? How bout the reports of straight out lies he told to the players? No SEC football team need S & C on a regular basis, right? we may never hear about everything, but Butch Jones is not a good dude.

As I look back at the way practices were with Butch Jones, and comparing Pruitt’s practices, I see it more complexed.
1. Butch had the music playing loud. Pruitt none.
2. Butch loved to have his players dancing around, Pruitt none.
3. Butch players got hurt a lot for some reason, Pruitt players not so much.
4. Butch hollowing on a megaphone, Pruitt no.

If there is anything that you can think of the differences, please help me out!

Why OP...what is the point..isnt the CJP is soooo much greater than CBJ horse dead yet? Well outside of his teams winning games.

Reactions: volfannbama
No offense. But, who exactly were you expecting after John Currie squatted and took a gigantic du*p right on the power T at SWF with that hiring disaster, then had to be fired mid-search?
UT admins are some sad sacks, but our fate was sealed at that point. We were getting a coach in looking fwd to the OJT.
I wasn’t expecting anything special. Phil was luck. Ever since Phil, it’s been a roll of the dice and it’s come up craps. Remains to be seen if Lady Luck shines on us this time. IMO of course....

Reactions: livefaith
Pruitt will never be worse than Butch. Did you notice Butch's worse team was when he lost all of Dooley's recruits? Pruitt will upgrade across the board by year 4 or 5 with UT being in the SEC Championship game! Butch beats UF and UGA (on a Hail Mary) and loses to USC and VU to blow the SEC East. Pruitt will not allow that to happen in year 4 or 5!!!

He better have a hell of year 3 or he’ll never see year 4.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
We did have problems, but none of the other coaches mentioned lacked integrity as much as Jones did. Jones really screwed up the culture of the program. Member that time he used his own players as enforcers against other players on the team? How bout the reports of straight out lies he told to the players? No SEC football team need S & C on a regular basis, right? we may never hear about everything, but Butch Jones is not a good dude.

Culture had been screwed up well before Jones got here. But yeah, he made it worse with that nonsense.

Any positive from the past two years is Pruitt's doing, anything negative is the fault of our past coaches. That's how it works around here.

Until he gets fired, then they will say Pruitt was worse than Butch and they will begin to blame him for everything they defended him for.

And the next coach will inherit the "worst mess ever".

I am a little nervous about next season. Coach Pruitt says this team is 100x better than this time last year.

Just think what will happen if next year the team gets 100x better again!

Tenn vs Furman (-21)

I know some people want to just keep whining insufferably about GA State, but OP is asking about practice differences. Take this to one of the 100 other threads where someone else is still crying about a loss 5 games ago.

Another way to say that would be;

A historic loss only 5 games ago..

Even another way of saying it would be

The worst loss in over 100 years of football only 5 games ago..

Never understood people bashing our players
How in the world do you think Im "bashing" the players?
The roster wasnt a "great", "good" or even "ok". It was terribld and thats all I said. Literally the worst team in the history of the program, and SEC that year.

But I'm "bashing" the players. Mmk.

As much as I hate it. Butch Jones offered the only two bright years in a decade of suffering. 9-4 twice with wins over Florida and Georgia. Pruitt can do this if we give him time. I’m so F tired of firing coaches and rehiring.

Pruitt will never be worse than Butch. Did you notice Butch's worse team was when he lost all of Dooley's recruits? Pruitt will upgrade across the board by year 4 or 5 with UT being in the SEC Championship game! Butch beats UF and UGA (on a Hail Mary) and loses to USC and VU to blow the SEC East. Pruitt will not allow that to happen in year 4 or 5!!!

If he doesn’t get things turned around quickly, Pruitt won’t make it to year 4 or 5

Reactions: 08Vol
How in the world do you think Im "bashing" the players?
The roster wasnt a "great", "good" or even "ok". It was terribld and thats all I said. Literally the worst team in the history of the program, and SEC that year.

But I'm "bashing" the players. Mmk.
My bad, I guess when you call it a roster if not the players

VN Store

Back