Took the time to think about Tenn: practicing the right way

Is this thread actually debating who was the best coach or who was the worst coach?
Think about that for a minute!

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Why you so defensive? I was not directing anything toward you, just the overall posts.
Haha, how am I being defensive? The thread is neither one of those you listed to me. Obviously you didn't think about it.

We're losing games by 31 and 29 points and we're talking about practice? Our expectations as a fan base seemed to have dropped.

Big time. I mean look how many people were excited about how we "played better" against Georgia, despite losing 43-14.

My observations after UGA game.

Players seem to be more appreciative of Vol fans.

Players seem meaner, in a good way. They’re getting that edge back.

Don’t let anyone push you around.

Reactions: stephp4ut
Not looking good, but he still has 7 more shots at it. 6 legit ones.

No but that UMass win was not allowed to be used in argument as a win. Its aight to now, because agenda and all that stuff.

Fair, but Your boy Butch didn't win 9 until his third year. And it was 8 and a bowl. Say what you want and it will probably be true, except if you actually start reading the future. And no, Butch didn't lose any of the games this year, stupid to suggest. But its also stupid to argue that he had nothing to do with the mess we're in. I think he gets too much blame, but come on. Lol.

Lotta laughs up in here. Gonna be more laughs when this gets turned into me pumpin shine, swangin on Pruitt's sack and all the other crap, but they don't like facts unless it makes Pruitt look bad.

Look above at your own words and tell me it is not comparing coaches. The op’s thread is even about comparing who had the best practices. Go back and look at the posts and see how many are comparing each coach. Stop looking for arguments and try respecting others insights and opinions. I respect yours all ask is respect mine.
Last reply to you, I have better things to do.

Look above at your own words and tell me it is not comparing coaches. The op’s thread is even about comparing who had the best practices. Go back and look at the posts and see how many are comparing each coach. Stop looking for arguments and try respecting others insights and opinions. I respect yours all ask is respect mine.
Last reply to you, I have better things to do.
Well you asked a question and I answered it honestly. Sorry you didn't like my answer. Go do better stuff.

Any positive from the past two years is Pruitt's doing, anything negative is the fault of our past coaches. That's how it works around here.

Until he gets fired, then they will say Pruitt was worse than Butch and they will begin to blame him for everything they defended him for.

Pruitt will never be worse than Butch. Did you notice Butch's worse team was when he lost all of Dooley's recruits? Pruitt will upgrade across the board by year 4 or 5 with UT being in the SEC Championship game! Butch beats UF and UGA (on a Hail Mary) and loses to USC and VU to blow the SEC East. Pruitt will not allow that to happen in year 4 or 5!!!

As I look back at the way practices were with Butch Jones, and comparing Pruitt’s practices, I see it more complexed.
2. Butch loved to have his players dancing around, Pruitt none.
4. Butch hollowing on a megaphone, Pruitt no.

If there is anything that you can think of the differences, please help me out!

Dancing leads to hollowing.

Any positive from the past two years is Pruitt's doing, anything negative is the fault of our past coaches. That's how it works around here.

Until he gets fired, then they will say Pruitt was worse than Butch and they will begin to blame him for everything they defended him for.

Seems reasonable.

As I look back at the way practices were with Butch Jones, and comparing Pruitt’s practices, I see it more complexed.
1. Butch had the music playing loud. Pruitt none.
3. Butch players got hurt a lot for some reason, Pruitt players not so much.

How bad would we be getting beat if we practiced the wrong way?

I need some clarification....we are saying that if Butch is responsible for the current state of things he’s also responsible for the two wins against ranked teams last year, right?

I’m just trying to stay on the same page. Which coach do we like today?

Sad part about this situation is Pruitt & Butch could have been avoided if the Administration actually put in the effort to hire a coach more sophisticated to turn this thing around.

Instead of trying to hire someone better than Butch, we got a coach who seems to be worse than the guy we just fired.

You can’t keep hiring bargain coaches and expect to be an Elite Program again.

No program wanted to hire Pruitt except us and now, here we are.

1. Butch had the music playing loud. Pruitt none.
3. Butch players got hurt a lot for some reason, Pruitt players not so much.

As it stands Butch Jones won more games than Pruitt and was perfect in bowl games. Pruitt hasn’t even been bowl eligible. Until Pruitt replicates at least the success Butch saw I don’t think we need to be comparing the two.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
If you don't have the good players, it don't make a dam* how you practice, only 1/3 of the team is capable of becoming SEC players, it's that bad!

If you don't have the good players, it don't make a dam* how you practice, only 1/3 of the team is capable of becoming SEC players, it's that bad!
So you are telling me that only 1/3 of our players had orders from another sec school?
Can you give me a by name list of players at vandy that would start over our guys last year?

1/2 the team was recruited by cjp, why is he recruiting players that arent capable of becoming sec players?

How did Tennessee beat Auburn and Kentucky last year?

Sure Tennessee May have over achieved to do it......but how on earth could that happen with the roster Tennessee had.

It CAN happen, people simply making excuses.

Sure with Tennessee’s roster they they can’t “win them all”.......but they can win some of them.

Reactions: volfannbama
It's funny you would say that, because I recall him lecturing the fans like he was a disappointed parent when only 50,000 fans showed-up for his first spring game.

Ha. Forgot @ that. After the AD fiasco, Fulmer settling for him, and CJP keeping the media out of everything. Then he got salty @ fans not showing up. That wasn't his finest moment.

VN Store

Back