Too Many Teams, not enough players and coaches

Umm I would take better as would most fans, no one is claiming NC’s as the measuring stick. We aren’t better off as a program under Pruitt than we were under Jones unless you just compare it to his last season

Not buying it... we have to shoot for WAY BETTER. Just exchanging different levels of unacceptable is not a win, especially when you have to start the exchange with 20 mil.

News flash we only play alabama once a year and never play clemson. The rest of the NCAA has to recruit against them just like us.

NO excuse to have the seasons we have been having.

ANY excuse will work if your looking for one.

I do not understand the preoccupation with Alabama and Saban on this board.

Like a kid talking about being valedictorian and they are failing PE.

1. Beat bad teams.

2. Win home games.

3. Win 50/50 games.

4. Win on the road.

Then, worry about beating teams ranked in the top 10.

I do not understand the preoccupation with Alabama and Saban on this board.

Like a kid talking about being valedictorian and they are failing PE.

1. Beat bad teams.

2. Win home games.

3. Win 50/50 games.

4. Win on the road.

Then, worry about beating teams ranked in the top 10.

We don't need you telling us that our team sucks, just leave us alone.

If Tennessee could use some of Rick Barnes recruits, they would be greatly improved

The sad thing is there is a whole generation that only knows that the Vols stink at football. The people born in the 80s and before have seen the Vols on top and knows this program can be elite. These kids in high school have never seen that and the longer that continues the more these top players are going to pass on the Vols. Coaches will pass as well because they are getting younger also.

I don't understand the mental gymnastics some of you take to defend Pruitt.

I’m not defending Pruitt. I am sayin we have spent 90 million on coaches and buyouts and every time we switch it gets worse not better.

First of all we are paying too much for what we are getting. I believe with Dooley they paid him about 6 times what he was making to come to UT because “That was the average for an SEC head coach”. Secondly we paid that much because the name brands we approached said NO. It wasn’t any different when we hired Butch who was Dooleys “Signature win”. Then the cluster when we hired Pruitt.

Nationwide UT has earned the image of a big mess with expectations of the fans being unattainable. Name brand coaches won’t take the job. We will spend another 25 million and be in the same boat. Warren Buffet has bought about everything in Knoxville since our last episode and he isn’t the type to give money to UT sports.

VN Store

Back