Tony Vitello/Basevols are 45-8 since beginning of last year.

Over here in Aggieland, there are many who want the Aggies to hire Vitello. TAMU is a big concern to try to lure Vitello away from Tennessee.

Agreed on not spending the money to improve the program and agree with better history than UK. However, if Burke said our history is better than Bama’s he’s a bigger homer than anyone in this forum.
Seriously its terrible...I've seen high schools with better stadiums

Hi, UT fan here that is not so familiar with baseball. I understand that we are usually at the bottom or near the bottom of the SEC when it comes to baseball but why is that? I grew up in TN and I feel like there is so much more high school baseball talent than any other sport. Did UT just not care at all and throw all their money into other sports? Or has Vanderbilt always been known as the baseball school in the state while we own in football and basketball.

The difference is recruiting. Vitello has gone after the white and blue collar guys. I think coaching for DVH made him realize that the guy doesn't always have to be a certain height or a certain anything. If you can help win games, I want you on my team. He does a great job of finding players out of HS and out of juco's and doesn't mind hurting other school's feelings to get them. Most recruiters from other teams do not like him and that is okay because he is in the business of winning. Plus he and his staff do a great job of coaching and investing in young men's futures. When the players know the staff cares about them, they will play really hard for you.

Seriously its terrible...I've seen high schools with better stadiums

You people ever even been through the entire facility? There is no HS facility even remotely close. Some of the current players and big time recruits love the old school feel at LNS. It adds to the underdog persona and chip on the shoulder type attitude. They really could care less about the bells and whistles. The players are coming here because they love the coaching staff. That being said, the bells and whistles are coming but this is more for the fan experience which in turn will obviously benefit the players.

As far as A&M, you can write this down.
Straight from the man himself, Tony Vitello has no interest in coaching there. MLB or The University of TN is where he will be 5 years from now.

Reactions: VolGee4
Bold statement.

You people ever even been through the entire facility? There is no HS facility even remotely close. Some of the current players and big time recruits love the old school feel at LNS. It adds to the underdog persona and chip on the shoulder type attitude. They really could care less about the bells and whistles. The players are coming here because they love the coaching staff. That being said, the bells and whistles are coming but this is more for the fan experience which in turn will obviously benefit the players.

As far as A&M, you can write this down.
Straight from the man himself, Tony Vitello has no interest in coaching there. MLB or The University of TN is where he will be 5 years from now.

VN Store

Back