Tony Thompson

XknoxvolsX

The only people who dislike winners are losers!
One of my all-time favorites! He was 5'9 and 185 lbs but played much larger. Will always remember that juke move against Mississippi State. I thought he was in the same mold as Reggie Cobb and Chuck Webb, only smaller. That dude could ball.

Always thought he was good enough to play at the next level.

njvols

Tony was a great player. Not to devalue anything he did, but running behind Antone Davis, Charles McRae, Myslinski was a benefit. In fact, all of our great RB's had reciprocal great OL play. I think we've got some good ones on the team now, but need someone to open holes for them to get to the second level of a defense.

strkr

Tony was a great player. Not to devalue anything he did, but running behind Antone Davis, Charles McRae, Myslinski was a benefit. In fact, all of our great RB's had reciprocal great OL play. I think we've got some good ones on the team now, but need someone to open holes for them to get to the second level of a defense.
This is correct. If you don't have the big uglies up front to block you are not ****.

1Big_Orange_Fan

One of my all-time favorites! He was 5'9 and 185 lbs but played much larger. Will always remember that juke move against Mississippi State. I thought he was in the same mold as Reggie Cobb and Chuck Webb, only smaller. That dude could ball.

Always thought he was good enough to play at the next level.
Thanks for the memories. He was special.

HollowaytoSeivers

This IS my uniform thread
Thank you XknoxvolsX, I had forgotten about how quick he could make a cut. He could change directions as well as any RB in that time. And as ksgovols said, we almost didn't get to see him play.

ptcarter

Boomshanka! (Google that)
I got a tour of the facilities under the north endzone. Lauricella center, locker room and Wolf Kaplan Center, Stokely Family media Center. This picture is on the wall where the recruits and their families are entertained at half time during an official visit. Watching this video, I figured out who was carrying the ball.
1556742050171.png

CINCYVOL

From what I remember, that was the first time we led in that whole entire game! If I am not mistaken, UVA was ranked number one during that season at one point.[/QUOTE

That is correct about the lead in that game. UVA was ranked #1 until they lost to GA Tech. Went to that game UVA vs GA Tech with my dad and one of his buddies. Great game.

Remy

A kick to the cods is my only deterrence.
I noticed how well the WRs blocked in films from back when we had very good football teams. It seems to be a lost art the last 8-10 years.
What's funny is if you watch the goods college teams now, you'll see almost every play where WRs are performing good downfield blocks. Clemson and Bama WRs do it better than anybody these days. Meanwhile we have TEs leading on sweeps that do not even make contact with an opposing defensive player. There is work to do on The Hill.

livefaith

I noticed how well the WRs blocked in films from back when we had very good football teams. It seems to be a lost art the last 8-10 years.
That's important. But don't miss what we have right in front of us. 5-7 can make you dismiss everything. But, never forget we have the Dog paying for us right now.

So ya wanna be an aggressor at LB huh? :)

I won't link Trent Thompson out of respect for the family. πŸ˜ƒ

VN Store

Sponsors