Tony Jones

The hiring season is upon us. Do you guys that eat, sleep, drink college hoops think that this is the year Tony takes on a program of his own?...

I haven't paid attention to the U of Detroit coaching search... but I would think that is a place he could very well end up.

I never thought about WKU, but there seem to be rumors swirling about Bob Knight to WKU (which would surprise me... kinda... but only kinda)... Tony Jones already has recruiting contacts in Michigan and recruits the area very well. It would be a good place for him.

Tony is at least a year away from serious consideration. As Pearl and the coaching staff continue to have success at UT; Jones, Forbes, and Shay will start to get head coaching job offers.

Wasn't Jones involved in several head coaching vacancies last season. I'm not saying that he'll get offers at a BCS school, but he'll get offers from some teams

Maybe Detroit but WKU? :birgits_giggle:

I'm sure he'd rather go to a city with a fertile recruiting base that he has already dipped into for UT. Detroit has all the tools to be a powerhouse in the Sun Belt. Keeping talent at home would raise that program to NCAA tourney play in a couple years.

I'm sure he'd rather go to a city with a fertile recruiting base that he has already dipped into for UT. Detroit has all the tools to be a powerhouse in the Horizon. Keeping talent at home would raise that program to NCAA tourney play in a couple years.

FYP

This was posted on the UDM forum:

The word on the streets of Detroit is that P.W. will do everything he can to prevent Tony Jones from being UDM's next head coach. Apparently, in the fall of 1989 Jones went behind P.W's back and brokered a "deal" with Boston College for Howard Eisley. P.W. was livid, and lost all trust in Jones. This is his chance for payback. Like the old adage goes, be careful whose feet you step on, they might be attached to the butt you need to kiss one day.

I just think it's great that we have assistants that are wanted by other programs. While it would hurt to lose any of them, that is the price you pay for great assistant coaches.

VN Store

Back