Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 and 2

Tony-Hawks-Pro-Skater-1-and-2-Collectors-Edition

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Never played this one, but it seems to be a very nostalgic title for a lot of people.

I loved these. Does anyone know if they are sticking to the original soundtracks?

All but the following songs are included. Suicidal Tendencies - Cyco Vision; Unsane - Committed; Anthrax & Public Enemy - Bring the Noise; The High and Mighty - B-Boy Document '99; Alley Life - Out With the Old

I'll get this at some point. Looks beautiful. Great time waster.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
This looks amazing! It actually looks and runs like how I remember these games in my mind from back in the day.

See, this is why I'm much more in favor of remakes/remasters over simple backwards compatibility with PS1/PS2 games. I'm sorry but as nostalgic as those games can be, the reality is a lot of those early 3D polygonal games look and play like ass by today's standards. If it's a game that I care enough about, I'll gladly double-dip to get a better visual and mechanical experience.

This looks amazing! It actually looks and runs like how I remember these games in my mind from back in the day.

See, this is why I'm much more in favor of remakes/remasters over simple backwards compatibility with PS1/PS2 games. I'm sorry but as nostalgic as those games can be, the reality is a lot of those early 3D polygonal games look and play like ass by today's standards. If it's a game that I care enough about, I'll gladly double-dip to get a better visual and mechanical experience.

I legit find most PS1/N64 games to be unplayable now. Emulating them helps but there's still so much jank. Bad cameras, terrible controls, awful framerates, etc.

Played a bit last night. Game looks great. However, over the last decade and a half I seem to have lost all my skills.

Should be a good time waster and I like the dev. Not bad for $40.

Played a bit last night. Game looks great. However, over the last decade and a half I seem to have lost all my skills.

Yeah I fired it up and quickly realized I had no idea what I was doing. Going to take some practice. Looks and plays great though.

I'm a nerd and got the Collector's Edition (Walmart got it today, however I wasn't able to pick it up until tomorrow). Glad the early feedback is good.

Amazing game. 1 of my favorites all time. Guy in the video above gives some good advice about scoring, etc. Hundreds and hundreds of hours spent playing these as a teen.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back