Tonight 10:00pm SEC network.

You know, there is a sports radio show here that identifies as the flagship station of Clemson. I never listen to it, but there’s a guy named Walt Deptula who comes on in the afternoons and I was on the road, so I figured I’d listen to see if he had anything to say about UT and the NCAA tournament, as well as Frank Martin being fired. Well, he didn’t disappoint. He did have some nice things to say about UT’s seeding and how well all the SEC teams play (which is odd because he can’t stand the SEC), but then he started dogging CRB and how he recruits, particularly how he allegedly recruited PJ Hall, who is the only good player Clemson has. He said he had knowledge of CRB talking bad about Clemson’s coach, and that he couldn’t stand CRB because of how he was when he coached at Clemson.
What he may or may not realize is that CRB was the last coach Clemson had who was a good coach, and they have perennially sucked since he has been gone. Outside of Hall, Clemson is probably not as good as some church teams. They’re all still butt-hurt after James signed with UT instead of Clemson.
But then you watch the interaction between CRB and James, as well as all the other players, and the evidence proves quite the contrary about him and how he carries himself. I’ve been blessed to meet him and I’m so thankful he is leading the Big Orange.
Thanks. Never heard of Walt Diptula and don’t care. Just another talking head expelling 💩.

I don't. Williams has such a Respect for the Game and It is quite obvious he has a lot of Respect for Coach Barnes.
It was a compliment and stated when you retire please recommend me as your replacement.
It was almost like he looked up to Barnes and took the time to do the research to say it to him....

This narrative would be so out of character that it’s impossible to believe unless someone has a recording. Barnes doesn’t have to talk down another coach to get recruits. He has the results and a hundred ex players to vouch for him - negative recruiting makes zero sense.
Yep- people can change and Christ has obviously made a change in CRB. I think this is just the guy and the whole low-rent station host base being negative towards he and UT. I was riding with a buddy and he had this station playing on the radio when Josiah committed to UT. The comment was made by one of the morning hosts that he was likely paid off, $100 handshake, etc. Josiah caught a lot of flak from this area because everybody thought he was a shoo-in for Clemson. When he did his press release detailing how CRB stayed behind at his tournaments and followed him from jr high, and that they had built up the level of trust needed for him to commit to UT, it was absolutely glorious for we UT fans living in this area, because it shut all the critics up for a time. It’s all coming to fruition now, too, which makes it even sweeter. GB🍊

I tell myself when he says "You're gonna get that trophy" to Santi that he's talking about THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY.

VN Store

Back