Tomorrow is only the second top-10 matchup in Thompson-Boling

Wow. That’s fascinating. I never would have guessed that.

I thought the Auburn/TN game last year towards the end of the season would have been a Top-10 game but we must have been just outside of the Top-10. Huge game tomorrow.
Actually, I think it was #8 vs. #5. Maybe Tennessee slipped into Top Ten after that game was played.

Reactions: DCharVol
Reactions: MillerTime80
We came close a few Times. But we've really just rarely been ranked in the top 10 in the TBA era. In 1999-2000 we were ranked #11 and hosted Auburn who was ranked #7. We beat them, and finally moved into the top 10 the next week. We'd beaten Florida at Florida who was ranked 9th at the time, the week before. It was the high point of the Green era.

Wow that is hard to believe...You would think the years Pearl was here we'd have at least one Top 10 matchup.

Wow that is hard to believe...You would think the years Pearl was here we'd have at least one Top 10 matchup.

When we were highly ranked under Pearl, Florida and Kentucky weren't. When we weren't top 10 we beat top 5 Florida teams and #2 UK in TBA under Pearl. Kentucky was down during that time frame for the most part and we only had the one meeting in TBA where they were ranked in the top 10 in the whole Pearl era. They were only ranked in 4 of the 12 regular season games we played against them in the 6 years of Pearl.

Let's hope we get a more favorable whistle than we did in the Kentucky game.
Wasn't just the whistle. UT's been beating up on a lot of lower level competition. We've bullied some folks. UK came out and smacked us in the mouth and we didn't respond well. Telling comment from JJJ in that UK wanted it more. Tomorrow will be a good measuring stick. There's a difference between a bully and a real fighter. You stand up to a bully and he'll back down. A fighter will drag you down into bloody fight and love it. Texas will start the stretch run. Our level of competition will be increasing greatly from here on out especially in SEC play. Time to see what this team is really made of.

VN Store

Back