Tommy West

hamburgerVol

Where is he these days and do you all think he should be considered for one of Tennessee's assistant coaching vacancies? Seemed like he was a very good DC.

Was he the DC at Memphis in 1996 when they beat us?

I really like Tommy West, but I think it would be in UT's best interest to look elsewhere for our DC vacancy.

I like Tommy West ,but he is not even defensive coordinator worthy. I'd only hire him as a positions coach.

Great guy, not a horrible coach. He actually did things at Memphis NOBODY else could do. Don't want him here though.

DC Names from Hubbs:
Bumpus.. Some feel that he is attached to Patterson and will stay with him. Joe Berry and Bob Sanders as two guys that Dooley have had some kind of conversation. Spangler might end up being a possibility and I heard this morning that Dooley had looked to some degree into Tommy West.

Tommy West? Are you kidding me? Hubbs also said that he does not believe the Vols will pay 7 figures for a DC.

That's because all of the DCs worth seven figures are not going to take the job. Surely he won't really offer the job to Tommy West.
I think we end up going with Sal Sunseri, Lance Thompson, or Tommy Spangler.

Maybe a DL coach? wouldn't mind having his experience and recruiting abilities of the Memphis area on staff. I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a look.

I agree. I am in Memphis and watched as he tried to turn the tigers around. His problem in Memphis was that U of M is a basketball school and no money went to football. They practiced on a high school field. I see him as a better DC than a head coach also. Put him in the right program and he will work for you.

Memphis's field and facilities look like they were built using garbage from the city dump.

i think tommy west did well with what he had at memphis.. i think he'd be a great candidate as a position coach and a pretty good DC. just my 2 cents.........

would a DL coach at UT make more money than a DC at MTSU? I would think the answer is yes.

The difference isn't that vast.

Tommy's made plenty of coin in his day...if he opts to spend a few years working to advance the careers of two of his best friends (Stock and Herrin), it wouldn't be a shock to me.

Tommy West? Are you kidding me? Hubbs also said that he does not believe the Vols will pay 7 figures for a DC.

There is a thing called professional courtesy. If TW called, CDD will take the call. Probably nothing more than this.
The media is in a frenzy to be first to "throw out" the name that eventually gets the job.
Can we all just chill?

VN Store

Back