Tom Brady.....even better than I thought he was.

99gator

Congressman
In following the Patriots all season, I don't think anyone can declare a winner of who means more Brady or Belichek.

But, I think what you can do is acknowledge that it's pretty clear that the talent level of the Patriots is straight trash and Brady has been able to mask it for years.

They've got nothing.....literally nothing.....at the skill positions. I don't think even the Jets or the Jags would trade their RBs, TEs, and WRs straight up for the garbage that is in New England.

They are 30th in the league in passing yards per game, last in passing TDs. They have 8 passing TDs on the season. 8! To put that in perspective, the Jets have 15.

They are 27th in the league in points scored.

It's a team that is totally bereft of talent.

I've heard people blame it on the salary cap and trying to keep chasing rings, but below is a link to their draft history.

To paraphrase Randy Moss, "Straight trash, homey!"

New England Patriots All-Time Draft History | Pro-Football-Reference.com

In following the Patriots all season, I don't think anyone can declare a winner of who means more Brady or Belichek.

But, I think what you can do is acknowledge that it's pretty clear that the talent level of the Patriots is straight trash and Brady has been able to mask it for years.

They've got nothing.....literally nothing.....at the skill positions. I don't think even the Jets or the Jags would trade their RBs, TEs, and WRs straight up for the garbage that is in New England.

They are 30th in the league in passing yards per game, last in passing TDs. They have 8 passing TDs on the season. 8! To put that in perspective, the Jets have 15.

I've heard people blame it on the salary cap and trying to keep chasing rings, but below is a link to their draft history.

No.

Wonder where the Patriots would be now if he had stayed

Belichick hasnt been a good drafter for almost a decade now. It’s been the dirty little secret of the Pats.

He’s missed on every skill position it feels like.

I don't think it's just Brady masking it. BB deserves blame for bad drafting but he also deserves tons of credit for coaching up his guys.

The truth is, the Bills and Dolphins are both good for the first time in a long time and the Pats have the #3 SOS (last year they were #31 going into the season, but I can't find how it shook out), and the roster depletion from covid and bad drafting made this the ultimate time to get out of New England.

The Pats have a QB who can't even throw*, a bunch of nobodies, and they've won 6 games and were competitive in 10.

*As cousin Sal puts it, Cam winds up like he's spiking the ball when he only needs to throw it 10 yards.

That roster is straight garbage. Wouldn't be suprised if it took them a decade to get back to being over .500
Just glad they didn't make the playoffs.
Tired of seeing them in the super bowl.
Not a Brady fan either but he sure embarrassed my team last Saturday.

Reactions: MAD
When I wrote this thread, he decided to take it to another level of ridiculous

The guy that took $1 million in small business loans goes to the super bowl again... only in America!

He was terrible today. Luckily, the Packers had a flurry of stupidity wrapped around the half and gave away 21 of the 31 points for Tampa on musjudging a fly ball from Brady, twice, not playing for the deep pass with 8 seconds left and fumbling inside the ten. Dude is good, but has an inordinate amount of good luck.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
He was terrible today. Luckily, the Packers had a flurry of stupidity wrapped around the half and gave away 21 of the 31 points for Tampa on musjudging a fly ball from Brady, twice, not playing for the deep pass with 8 seconds left and fumbling inside the ten. Dude is good, but has an inordinate amount of good luck.

Call it whatever you want, the dude wins. At some point it just is what it is.

Call it whatever you want, the dude wins. At some point it just is what it is.

A deal with the devil, I guess. He's a guy who's had a solid OL and defense backing him up for his entire career. He throws three INTs today, had two more which were inexplicably dropped by the GB secondary, all while barely getting touched all game, and his team still won. I want to ask him lottery numbers, too.

Reactions: n_huffhines

He drew a 7-9 opponent in the opening round. Was the beneficiary of 3 turnovers the next week. Then this week he threw 3 picks and his team still won. The dude's luck is never gonna run out, it seems.

A deal with the devil, I guess. He's a guy who's had a solid OL and defense backing him up for his entire career. He throws three INTs today, had two more which were inexplicably dropped by the GB secondary, all while barely getting touched all game, and his team still won. I want to ask him lottery numbers, too.

It's insane.

Brady has playoff wins against 19 different franchises. Here is a list of the teams he doesn't have a playoff win against.

AFC: Cincinnati, Buffalo, Cleveland, New England, Miami
NFC: Dallas, NY Giants, Detroit, Minnesota, Chicago, Tampa Bay, Arizona, San Francisco

The reason? He has never faced any of them except the NY Giants.

Reactions: TBrown
I don't think it's just Brady masking it. BB deserves blame for bad drafting but he also deserves tons of credit for coaching up his guys.

The truth is, the Bills and Dolphins are both good for the first time in a long time and the Pats have the #3 SOS (last year they were #31 going into the season, but I can't find how it shook out), and the roster depletion from covid and bad drafting made this the ultimate time to get out of New England.

The Pats have a QB who can't even throw*, a bunch of nobodies, and they've won 6 games and were competitive in 10.

*As cousin Sal puts it, Cam winds up like he's spiking the ball when he only needs to throw it 10 yards.
I think you hit on the least-talked about reason for the Pats dynasty, which is the absolute ass the AFC East has been for about 20 years. The Dolphins, Bills, and Jets make up 37.5% of the Pats' games in any given year.

Now, a bad AFC East doesn't explain them playing well once the playoffs start, but it certainly helped their playoff positioning over the years.

Brady is a great player, and his haters go too far with the hate (kind of like LeBron's do), but the dude really is the luckiest guy on planet Earth. And I'm not talking about in a "the harder he works, the luckier he gets" kind of way.

I think you hit on the least-talked about reason for the Pats dynasty, which is the absolute ass the AFC East has been for about 20 years. The Dolphins, Bills, and Jets make up 37.5% of the Pats' games in any given year.

Now, a bad AFC East doesn't explain them playing well once the playoffs start, but it certainly helped their playoff positioning over the years.

Brady is a great player, and his haters go too far with the hate (kind of like LeBron's do), but the dude really is the luckiest guy on planet Earth. And I'm not talking about in a "the harder he works, the luckier he gets" kind of way.

There’s luck, but there are also extenuating circumstances that are mind boggling.

Example: the comeback in the Super Bowl against the Falcons. Now, there are so many things that happened that make that whole thing insane. But, there’s one no one talks about. Has anyone looked at the dudes he was throwing to in order to an erase a 25 point deficit. Go look at the box score. So, yeah there were coaching blunders by the Falcons, execution issues in key moments and other breaks to make it happen.

But, the most insane thing was that they erased that deficit by throwing to James White, Danny Amendola, Julian Edelman, Malcolm Mitchell, Martellous Bennett, and Chris Hogan.

Now, I promise you....I don’t care what the Falcons did to screw it up, no other Qb who has ever played this game would be able to take that group of guys and make that comeback.

He’s got at least 4 rings (this would be a 5th), where there is not a doubt in my mind that he wasn’t on the best team

Last edited:
Would things have been different if Brady was at the Colts and Manning at New England?

VN Store

Back