Tom Allen is a name no one mentions

Sir, calm down. You seem unstable. If you think Tom Allen, who’s 2020 schedule only has 1 football winning team on it (the team they lost to), is our football program’s long-awaited answer then you’re free to think that. This is America, after all. You’re totally free to think that the guy who’s opponents are a combined 18-26 is the guy who’ll turn this program around. You don’t have to keep repeating yourself, I get it. The guy who’s team has outscored a weak group of opposing teams by less than 11 points per game is the guy you want leading our program. You’ve already confirmed multiple times that recruiting “doesn’t mean ****” so I’m sure you’ll be more than thrilled if he gets hired and brings in a few 50th ranked recruiting classes. Good day.

LOL you've continually made snide comment after snide comment. But sure.... I'm the one that is worked up....

I've said nothing about thinking Allen was even my top choice. I've only responded to those acting like he's somehow unfit to be an option or acting like he's another Butch Jones.

There are tons of examples of teams with tons of talent flopping. I would think as a TN fan, you would understand that by now.

And lol about 50th ranked recruiting classes. TN recruits itself. We've never finished lower than 25 since Fulmer left, and that's even with lazy Dooley.

But please continue with your garbage posts. You do it quite well.

Next!

Last edited:
Reactions: VolArmy74
Yes I do live up here and here’s what I’ll say: He beat a Michigan team that’s 2-4 this season. He beat a Penn State team that’s 2-5. And just like Michigan and Penn State, the Wisconsin team he just beat on the road this past week only has 2 wins. Despite being his 3 biggest victories, those 3 teams are a combined 6-11 this year and Indiana’s average margin of victory over those 3 teams is only 8 points. In fact, only 1 team on Indiana’s schedule this season has a winning record and that’s Ohio State. Their opponents are a combined 18-26. Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion but you or anyone else on here is more than welcome to keep replying to my posts and going back and forth. My opinion might not be the same as the majority, but if you’ll notice, I’ve based all of my arguments solely on statistical facts rather than subjective opinions or emotions. I hope that you and anyone else reading this can respect that. But like I said, keep em coming, door’s always open. Go vols.

I don't care if Michigan was 2-4. They have loads more talent than Indiana. Michigan hadn't lost to them since Ronald Reagan was president.

Statistical "facts" are subjective and stupid when looked at with no context. "Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is a famous quote for a reason. It's specifically referring to people who try to use statistics without context to bolster a weak argument.

Wisconsin has played 4 games this season due to covid cancellations. Using context one can surmise they are a good team, they have two close losses to teams who are a combined 11-2 and two blowout wins. Your sole argument is they stink because they are .500.

Does Alabama suck? Their opponents this year are right at .500 too. How about Ohio State? Their opponents have a terrible record this year and they only beat the Indiana team you're trashing by 7.

Did James Franklin do a good job at Vandy? Did Saban at Michigan State were he was only a few games above .500 after 5 years? With no context, neither did a particularly good job.

Last edited:
I don't care if Michigan was 2-4. They have loads more talent than Indiana. Michigan hadn't lost to them since Ronald Reagan was president.

Statistical "facts" are subjective and stupid when looked at with no context. "Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is a famous quote for a reason. It's specifically referring to people who try to use statistics without context to bolster a weak argument.

Wisconsin has played 4 games this season due to covid cancellations. Using context one can surmise they are a good team, they have two close losses to teams who are a combined 11-1 and two blowout wins. Your sole argument is they stink because they are .500.

Does Alabama suck? Their opponents this year are right at .500 too. How about Ohio State? Their opponents have a terrible record this year and they only beat the Indiana team you're trashing by 7.

Did James Franklin do a good job at Vandy? Did Saban at Michigan State were he was only a few games above .500 after 5 years? With no context, neither did a particularly good job.

But Allen doesn't recruit the football powerhouse that is Indiana very well. I guess Michigan, Wisconsin, and Penn State can take solace in the fact that they beat Indiana in recruiting. That's what's really important you know.

Reactions: VolArmy74
He's having a really good season to follow up a solid year last year.

Prolly need another year or 2 before claiming too much.

Look, if Tom Allen repeats the success next year at IU that he's having this season then I'm sold and would put him on my short list of candidates.

Another factor in all of this Tom Allen talk too is his son is a LB on the team that is likely going to take a medical redshirt this year and have 2 or 3 years of eligibility left...couple that with the fact IU is paying him close to what we are paying Pruitt and nothing on his side makes sense to jump at.

LOL you've continually made snide comment after snide comment. But sure.... I'm the one that is worked up....

I've said nothing about thinking Allen was even my top choice. I've only responded to those acting like he's somehow unfit to be an option or acting like he's another Butch Jones.

There are tons of examples of teams with tons of talent flopping. I would think as a TN fan, you would understand that by now.

And lol about 50th ranked recruiting classes. TN recruits itself. We've never finished lower than 25 since Fulmer left, and that's even with lazy Dooley.

But please continue with your garbage posts. You do it quite well.

Next!
For a guy who admittedly doesn’t include Allen as a top choice you sure have wasted a lot of time and energy defending him. Carry on.

I seem to remember a guy named Majors who had orange colored blood. Didn't make much of a difference for him did it??
The same Majors who was stabbed in the back by Fulmer? That one? Screw Fulmer and his BS and anyone who defends him. Allen is nothing like Majors in that he's doesn't have a fat a$$ assistant waiting to screw him over.

VN Store

Back