Toliver

Joey - I will abuse popular belief in Tee Martin and the National Championship. That belongs to Al Wilson who drug that team to the NC Tee was just there to not make mistakes.

Al Wilson and the defense led that team to the championship without a doubt, but Tee did his fair share to get them there too. Go back and watch the tapes and you will see that we don't win the SYR, FL, or BAMA games without his srambling ability and all year long when the chips were down and he had to make a play he did. Also he was a team leader just like Al,the team believed in him and that is just as important as anything in a championship run.

go back and watch the UF game again, Al willed the team to that win more than anyone else on the field.

No, Al played great just like he always did but the whole team had the will to win and that's exactly why we won the NC, because we had a great TEAM.

As for Clausen you obviously are biased against Clausen. Casey was the one who had very little talent surrounding him.

Is that why so many of his team mates are in the NFL and he is not?

Is that why so many of his team mates are in the NFL and he is not?

Once again the NFL has NOTHING to do with this its about what they did in college.

Most of those are defensive players.

Houston was as average as they come in college. Don't even try that Jabari Davis, he was the biggest bust at UT in the last 15 years neither he nor Houston can be named next to the RB's from 1989 thru 2000. Stephens played in 2001 and that was the best talent Ut had until last year. Washington played 1 1/2 years with 2001 being his best year by far. Jones was brought from Defense cause the WR's weren't getting the job done. Stallworth was gone after 2001, Hannon was average and never reached potential, Banks was a stud but was young and still trying to be a QB, Tony Brown was a very reliaible possession reciever. Its very obvious you have a hatred for Clausen and a selective memory of 2000-2003 and need to go back and look. 2002 and 2003 is the least talented offense at UT since 1988
It is absolutely amazing that so many talented guys (some of whom now play for money) could have improved so much after they no longer played with Clausen... but he had nothing to do with it... he was great.

I have nothing against Clausen other than the simple truth that he didn't have a good nor particularly accurate arm. He didn't scare anyone and led UT into a malaise of never beating top teams.

Who was the leading reciever in 2002?

Who was the leading rusher in 2002 & 2003 and how many yards?
Who threw passes to them?

Those 2 questions tell the tale on that one. Peyton would have done no better in 02 or 03 with that talent.
You're delusional. What is your hangup with Clausen.

As for the arm strength you can throw that out the window. Andy Kelly had a weak arm also.
Not as weak as Clausen and alot more accurate. Did even the Arena league show interest in Clausen? You know why? He isn't an accurate passer.

Now for the Pro argument let's talk about Martin, how about Kelly and Francis shall I continue?
Martin played in the NFL for 4 years and also in Europe and Canada.

What you are saying is if they aren't a great NFL QB then they wasn't a good college QB.
No. I am saying that Clausen's success such as it was came from being tough and smart. He couldn't run. He didn't have a big arm. He didn't have an accurate arm.

The reason he was not drafted is precisely what I said, he didn't have the physical tools. Neither did Charlie Ward who won the Heisman but he brought something else to the table. Alot of players that don't have NFL skills are successful in college. Casey didn't have the physical skills to be a very good SEC QB.

I have news for you QB's aren't drafted into the NFL because they are great college QB's that just get's them noticed, they are drafted on pro potential.
I have news for you. I have given credit to Clausen for the things he brought and could control. He is to be respected for making the best of a less than spectacular hand. But that doesn't change the fact that the program declined as he QB'd and DIDN'T beat the top level competition... frequently looking bad as he lost.

The reasons he wasn't NFL or even Arena League material ar the same reasons the best WR's and RB's weren't jumping into the program to play with him.

... Jeff Francis but none of them were League material.
Francis played in an entirely different era of football... but I am pretty sure he was still QB for the latest 5-6 season before last year, right? I don't think the 80's or the Clausen era are what the Vols are shooting for do you?

VN Store

Back