Toliver, Jones, and Paige.

JAllen18MVP

Could they be the next Meachem, Swain, and Smith?

Yes, 2 are comitted to other schools at this point, but I think we still have a great chance with them. All 3 loved their visits. Paige and Toliver were both impressed with Crompton and the fact that they throw the ball around a lot. They all loved the atmosphere and the chance for early playing time.

Paige wasn't sure about Tennessee at first because of our season last year. Right now he's comitted to Florida State, so their season has to have him a little uneasy at this point.

Jones is comitted to North Carolina, but they fired the coach, and he's waiting to see what happens.

Toliver I'm not sure about. I heard that he was a favorite to LSU, but he loved his visit, so we'll see how it turns out.

We could get all 3 of these guys, or we could get none of them. I think we'll get 1, but I love the idea of getting all 3.

Anybody with some more knowledge on these 3 guys?

I can give some insight on Toliver from an LSU fan's perspective.

He does indeed appear to be a favorite to LSU based on our own WR situation (Bowe and Davis graduate) and the steady QB situation along with being very familiar and comfortable with our QB commit, Jarrett Lee.

There appear to be some grade issues, so LSU is hedging our bets with other recruits. He's the #1 target though, for obvious reasons.

You forgot about Vinson MVP. He is faster than the 3 previous mentioned. Vinson and either of those 2 would be astounding.

I can give some insight on Toliver from an LSU fan's perspective.

He does indeed appear to be a favorite to LSU based on our own WR situation (Bowe and Davis graduate) and the steady QB situation along with being very familiar and comfortable with our QB commit, Jarrett Lee.

There appear to be some grade issues, so LSU is hedging our bets with other recruits. He's the #1 target though, for obvious reasons.

Thanks for the insight. UT's WR situation is very similar. Swain and Smith are seniors, and Meachem is more than likely gone to the NFL.

We definitely need some big time WRs in this class.

dont sleep on Hancock, after an offseason in the weight program, he will be in the rotation next year

He'll be in the rotation, but you can't teach speed like Vinson has, nor size and speed that Jones has. Toliver reminds me of Meachem(all around).

UT better find some WR's with strength and size. None of the WR's outside the top 3 have shown any consistency at all in getting open. Shelley and Briscoe look like they can't catch either.

I hope Rogers or Hancock can be that guy but we'll have to see. If Shelley would put on about 20 pounds he'd fit the mold too.

VN Store

Back