Toilet paper?

This is what we've used in our house for years. It's less than $100 and attaches to current toilet. Read the reviews. Everything you thought about the bidet is probably wrong. TBH, it's probably the best $100 we've ever spent. Get one. It will absolutely change your life.

Dangit! SOLD OUT!

First time I ever saw a bidet, I was a young Army private. My section was in Crete for a missile firing and we were the guests at the house of one of our evaluators one evening. When I excused myself to use his bathroom, there wasn't the usual cement footprints straddling a hole as was the Greek norm, but, two dang toilets! I was confused and when I returned I whispered to my Chief, " He's got two toilets in the same bathroom! ". Chief busted out laughed and announced my question to the whole group. I was very embarrassed! But, it's a funny memory for a Tennessee boy.

I loved Crete Greece, Iraklion AFS. I spent 6 wonderful months there during the first Gulf War with Iraq.

Tough duty eating Greek Food, Expresso, cheap beer and having to put up with all those naked Scandinavians prancing around the beeches and hotel pools!

Did you ever have any Rakey, the Greek version of moonshine made from grape leaves? Or Ouzo?

The variety of toilet facilities in Singapore was mind-boggling in 2005. The government was encouraging the adoption of the toilets & bidets we are familiar with in North America and Europe. There was a four-story store featuring toilets in the corner display windows with fancy multi-colored lighting to enhance their appeal. Ooo... Look at the western toilets! Such comfort & ease of use!

Singapore is a fun city/country. Had a blast there in 2012 going to and from Diego Garcia. It's fusion of so many cultures there: British, American, Indo China, Chinese, Indian, Australian, etc.

Because many of the people there are flying in from several time zones away, the hotels usually have a brunch where you can get breakfast and dinner mixed together. Nothing like eggs, thick cut English bacon, fried rice, curry and Portuguese Sausage for breakfast! lol

Reactions: kcvols1 and Tin Man
I loved Crete Greece, Iraklion AFS. I spent 6 wonderful months there during the first Gulf War with Iraq.

Tough duty eating Greek Food, Expresso, cheap beer and having to put up with all those naked Scandinavians prancing around the beeches and hotel pools!

Did you ever have any Rakey, the Greek version of moonshine made from grape leaves? Or Ouzo?
There was a little restaurant called "SeeFees" (sp?) That we always had to go to to please Chief. Little hole in the wall, for "Fix" beer, steaks, greek salad and french fries. Goats would walk up to the table. Drank plenty of Ouzo at the harbor. Guys would buy flucattis to take back. I went two years in a row, a week each time. Once a couple of us took the S.S.Minos ( ferry) over to Athens. How fantastic. Definitely a wonderful experience wasted on my youth! Not sure I had that moonshine. But drank homemade grappa that I loved but my friends couldn't take! Germany was a foreign country for me, but, Greece was like a different world. (1977-78)

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
There was a little restaurant called "SeeFees" (sp?) That we always had to go to to please Chief. Little hole in the wall, for "Fix" beer, steaks, greek salad and french fries. Goats would walk up to the table. Drank plenty of Ouzo at the harbor. Guys would buy flucattis to take back. I went two years in a row, a week each time. Once a couple of us took the S.S.Minos ( ferry) over to Athens. How fantastic. Definitely a wonderful experience wasted on my youth! Not sure I had that moonshine. But drank homemade grappa that I loved but my friends couldn't take! Germany was a foreign country for me, but, Greece was like a different world.

I loved it there and those olive oil French Fries were the best! In 1990, you could get a gyros, fries, Greek Salad and a Heineken for $5.

Went on top of the Mountain, past the drive in theater and there was a really awesome traditional Greek festival (indoors). It was so incredible.

Crete was a fun stop

I loved it there and those olive oil French Fries were the best! In 1990, you could get a gyros, fries, Greek Salad and a Heineken for $5.

Went on top of the Mountain, past the drive in theater and there was a really awesome traditional Greek festival (indoors). It was so incredible.
On base, the breakfast f an egg fried in olive oil was a little weird, I recall. Lunch was a couple slices of bread with a slice of goat cheese. Yum!

VN Store

Back