Todd McShay has Tillman in his top 30

K-town Vol Fan

Blood Runneth Orange
NFL draft prospects

McShay's updated NFL draft rankings: Three QBs in the top 10 and a new WR1
21. Cedric Tillman, WR Tennessee
HT: 6-3 | WT: 215 | Grade: 89

Tillman is a physical receiver with impressive route-running savvy, a big catch radius and very strong hands. He's not a burner, but he does an excellent job tracking the deep ball and using his length to win on 50-50 opportunities. He has a natural feel for contorting his body, timing his jumps and shielding defenders. But Tillman lacks ideal elusiveness. He has 17 catches for 246 yards and a TD, but he has missed a few games with a left ankle injury.

I wouldnā€™t draft a WR 1st round unless heā€™s a Randy Moss type talent. Iā€™m sure a lot of GMs agree. So that hurts Tillman someā€¦in other words, if he goes anywhere in the 1st round, thatā€™s saying a lot about what NFL teams think of his ability. Hope it happens.

I wouldnā€™t draft a WR 1st round unless heā€™s a Randy Moss type talent. Iā€™m sure a lot of GMs agree. So that hurts Tillman someā€¦in other words, if he goes anywhere in the 1st round, thatā€™s saying a lot about what NFL teams think of his ability. Hope it happens.
There hasn't been a Randy Moss type talent since Randy Moss.

Levis but no Hooker in top 10
Get out of heeeeere
Hendon Hooker is a not a 1st round QB. He's not a second round QB.
College production does not = 1st round draft pick.
Troy Smith (Heisman winner) was a 5th round pick.
Jordan Lynch (Heisman runner up in 2013) didn't even get drafted.
Colt McCoy (Heisman runner up) was a 3rd round pick.

Hooker is great. But he's not a throw a 18 yard out in tight coverage great. I love Hooker and will get bashed for not wearing orange glasses, ha. Hooker is a 4th or 5th round QB.

Hendon Hooker is a not a 1st round QB. He's not a second round QB.
College production does not = 1st round draft pick.
Troy Smith (Heisman winner) was a 5th round pick.
Jordan Lynch (Heisman runner up in 2013) didn't even get drafted.
Colt McCoy (Heisman runner up) was a 3rd round pick.

Hooker is great. But he's not a throw a 18 yard out in tight coverage great. I love Hooker and will get bashed for not wearing orange glasses, ha. Hooker is a 4th or 5th round QB.
Stand by my comment for the posted article. Levis in top 10 but no Hooker.
No way Levis had that much upside

Cedric is gonna get paid eventually so good for him. I don't care about how elusive his is. When healthy all he does is get open snagging deep passes. I will never claim to know how to grade college QBs and their NFL potential, but WTH are the scouts seeing that I can't about Will Levis? Good enough to get drafted? Yes. Number 1 overall?

2023 NFL Mock Draft: Will Levis goes No. 1 overall, Anthony Richardson second QB off board (msn.com)
Wow that is really crazy. Compare Levis to past #1 overall QBs and it doesn't add up. AR is simply undraftable as a QB in my opinion.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
There's a lot of starting WRs in the NFL that are nowhere near Randy Moss type talent.

If weā€™re talking the 90s and early 2000s than yeahā€¦That doesnā€™t align in regards to the landscape of the nfl today. WRs are much more valuable than RBs at this point. On offense they rank only behind QB (yes theyā€™re more valuable than OT IMO).

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back