Todd HOF?

ArdentVol

interesting take on todd helton and other HOF nominees in the athletic.
think mlbtv will go all-in on voting early Tuesday afternoon

Reactions: RollerVol
There were Rumors about Todd and PEDS. Don't know the final Verdict; But, the fact that there were rumors will likely defer his chances some. I remember him playing QB vs Uga. Pretty dang good too.

There were Rumors about Todd and PEDS. Don't know the final Verdict; But, the fact that there were rumors will likely defer his chances some. I remember him playing QB vs Uga. Pretty dang good too.

I think every club house in MLB should have a big bowl of Dianabol sitting in the middle of it. Everybody grab a couple before they take the field. Now we know it's a level playing field.

Reactions: ArdentVol
saw that Georgia game. First thatt I've heard about PED talk.

Last edited:
I think every club house in MLB should have a big bowl of Dianabol sitting in the middle of it. Everybody grab a couple before they take the field. Now we know it's a level playing field.
spent a year with access to MLB dugouts, etc in early 70s. Lotta smokes and pills were there for the taking

Last edited:
Harold Baines is a HOF'er....

He wasn't even really good, let alone really, really.
Yea.....but I’m not sure Baines belongs.

That being said, I Hope Todd gets in eventually. Great guy to be around

I don't recall his name at all.

*this is all I could find with a quick search: Helton considers lawsuit after 'juice' comments (from '05)

This is from '09: The Steroid Era: The Innocence of Todd Helton and Others Must Be Rewarded

Thanks you. Exactly what I said. RUMORS. Nothing validated; but why would someone accuse with no reason? Agenda maybe, but we shall see. At any rate, it was damaging and could affect the voters. I don't know how I remembered that; just tuned to Tennessee that much I guess.

Last edited:
Thanks you. Exactly what I said. RUMORS. Nothing validated; but why would someone accuse with no reason? Agenda maybe, but we shall see. At any rate, it was damaging and could affect the voters. I don't know how I remembered that; just tuned to Tennessee that much I guess.
Baseball is my first love (Yankee than Vol :p). Everyone was doing it it seemed so I think a lot of players names got thrown out there. It wasn't really by more than 1 person though so maybe that's why I dismissed it.

Larry Walker- WAR= 72.7, H=2160, HR= 383, RBI= 1311, BA= .313, OBP= .400, SLG= .565

Todd Helton- WAR= 61.2, H= 2519, HR= 369, RBI= 1406, BA= .316, OBP= .414, SLG= .539

Dale Murphy- WAR= 46.5, H= 2111, HR= 398, RBI= 1266, BA= .265, OBP= 346, SLG= .469

Todd isn't Canadian is the only thing vastly different than Larry Walker. There's a little of a Coors Field disadvantage, but these stats are almost identical minus the 3 batting championships and MVP that Walker had. I think Todd Helton gets in after a waiting period. Threw Dale Murphy in there because he had 2 MVP years and some similar stats but is lacking in others.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back