Today's OC List According To "Some Media".....

1. Smart gave their hotshot recruiter "Co/OC" title to keep him on staff after last season.
2. Smart stripped Chaney of the QB coaching duties and gave them to this hot shot recruiter to keep him.
3. Chaney still calls plays but isn't happy about being a "co-OC and not happy about not coaching the QB's.
4 Money. He makes over $300k less than Helton did.
5. His contract ends in January, and they still haven't worked out a new deal.

Its Jim Chaney.

Good luck with that. We’re going to be pre-season #1 or #2 in the polls while UT is hoping to make a bowl game. It’d be about the equivalent of Chavis joining Donnan’s staff in 96.

If you have evidence Chaney is “unhappy” would love to hear it. Pretty sure he’s in the best coaching position he has had in his entire career.

Oh and UT completely crapped on him once already. He had an outstanding offense and didn’t even get a look as head coach.

Sweet list
Hey, @BearCat204. Have you given any thought to my suggestion for your avi pic?
f8f-5a.jpg

Would love it if Chaney was the guy but he and Smart would have to hate each other for this to happen.
If Chaney stays at GA he will be getting HC offers I a year or two. At UT the offense would just be turning the corner.
And Friend isn’t going anywhere for at least another year.

The list currently is:
1)Sark
2)Kitchens
3)Promote from within then Lebby comes on at QB coach.

JMO
If its option 3 we should hear the day after signing
If its option 2 we should hear 12/30
If option 1 right after todays game unless they win
Lets pray its not option 3

Last edited:
Would love it if Chaney was the guy but he and Smart would have to hate each other for this to happen.
If Chaney stays at GA he will be getting HC offers I a year or two. At UT the offense would just be turning the corner.
And Friend isn’t going anywhere for at least another year.
Chaney's mid 50s, coached Drew Brees...if he hasn't gotten a HC offer by now then I doubt get ever will.

Freddie Kitchens — Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator
I still don’t think Kitchens is a realistic option for the Vols, because of the reasons mentioned here. But because of his relationship with Pruitt, we can’t totally rule him out.

Rhett Lashlee — SMU offensive coordinator
Lashlee served as Auburn’s offensive coordinator from 2013-2016. He left for UCONN after 2016 so he could call plays and install his own offense. UCONN’s offense improved immensely with Lashlee running the show in 2017.
The only thing about this hire is there’s really no reason to delay the announcement. And I can’t imagine there’s much of a buyout to deal with.

Eli Drinkwtiz — NC State offensive coordinator
We haven’t heard much about Drinkwitz since early during the search. But he runs the type of offense that Pruitt likes. It’s balanced and they control the clock (NC State was among the top 15 schools in time of possession this season). I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s still in the mix.

Brandon Streeter — Clemson quarterbacks coach
Streeter’s name was rumored early, but there hasn’t been any officially reported contact between him and Tennessee. However, I think he’d be a solid hire for the Vols. He’s essentially the offensive coordinator in waiting at Clemson, so it wouldn’t be easy to convince him to leave.
Clemson is in the College Football Playoff, so that part would line up with Matthews’ report.

Kendal Briles --- Houston Associate Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator
Outside of the baggage related to the Baylor Bears, Kendal Briles is the hottest commodity out there. We know that the Florida State Seminoles are interested in him, and it looks like he interviewed with the Vols.

As a result, it’s very possible that the two schools are in a bidding war for the offensive genius. If they are, that’s a bidding war the Vols are likely to win seeing as how they have been able to shell out money for their assistants in the past.

But such a bidding war would indeed take time, and that could be why they haven’t found their guy. Heck, even Mike Yurcich and Eliah Drinkwitz would probably want to do some serious negotiation with Tennessee football before taking the job.

Add to the list or commit as you see it.

Randy Sanders, (FSU) connection w/ CJP.

The list currently is:
1)Sark
2)Kitchens
3)Promote from within then Lebby comes on at QB coach.

JMO
Hard to imagine #1. There is a big drinking culture on the hill and it's not just students on the strip. Won't say more but this seems like a place he does not need to be with his history.

#2 please no more Bammers.

#3 ugh. Let's just join the Sun Belt if that's the best we can do.

VN Store

Back