Todays Game Vs Duke

Tennessee vs Duke: Win or Lose by How Many?

• Total voters
does TN have an inside game to rely upon?

are the refs going to let them play?

should be an entertaining game - let the madness continue.

Hey - we beat Bama in football, why not Duke in roundball??
Thank you. That's the truth. I don't care about how many trophies or rings your school has won since 1800.. It's 2023 and Duke you are on notice just like Bama did in Neyland last year. We weren't favorited in that contest but guess what? 15 years erased. All UT and Bama fans know is that the kick was good and the goal posts are in the river!!! 🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊

Tennessee gonna whip their ass off. Tennessee is the BAD MAN in this game. Duke gonna be crying to the refs all afternoon getting pushed around. It’s gonna be physical. Tenn is a nightmare for these punks.
15% of gamblers realize this - and per usual that 15% is who cashes tickets.
VOLS by 12+

JMO..But out of all the P5 teams UT has to be the hardest team to predict. You don't know from game to game....heck even half to half what you're going to get with UT.

So...I will not be surprised to see the Vols win.....or lose by 15 plus.

I just wish that we could get into the tourney healthy one year while we have Barnes around. If we take care of the ball today (12ish turnovers) & Santiago doesn’t get into foul trouble then I think the boys will win a close one. If Phillips & JJJ can squeeze out 8pts 5rbs a piece while playing hurt I really would like our chances for sure.

Reactions: JohnD13
Thank you. That's the truth. I don't care about how many trophies or rings your school has won since 1800.. It's 2023 and Duke you are on notice just like Bama did in Neyland last year. We weren't favorited in that contest but guess what? 15 years erased. All UT and Bama fans know is that the kick was good and the goal posts are in the river!!! 🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊

Wow, are you suggesting a backboard in the river???

Duke has been hot but mostly against very weak teams. Their best opponent was Virginia in the ACC title game. But UVA looked bad in tourney.

Duke has athletes but they are very inexperienced and have first year coach.

I don’t worry one bit about Barnes having the boys ready today. With that said, any result would not surprise me. I could see our defense throwing a haymaker and shutting them down. I could see our offense scoring 70-80…. Literally no idea what to expect. I will feel good if we get another 20+ from Mashack/Uros
Duke has beaten some good teams so that's arguable. But that's not the problem in this game.

UT doesn't have a point guard. They don't have guys who are great at getting their own shot. Barnes whole system is built on playing great D but Duke is a long, athletic team too that plays very good D. They just play better O than UT.

And while you can argue competition... Duke is 10-0 in their last ten games. The Vols are 4-6.

This isn't a good match up for the Vols and may be an even worse match up for Barnes personally.

Duke has beaten some good teams so that's arguable. But that's not the problem in this game.

UT doesn't have a point guard. They don't have guys who are great at getting their own shot. Barnes whole system is built on playing great D but Duke is a long, athletic team too that plays very good D. They just play better O than UT.

And while you can argue competition... Duke is 10-0 in their last ten games. The Vols are 4-6.

This isn't a good match up for the Vols and may be an even worse match up for Barnes personally.

I’m sorry but the last 10 games coming into the tourney mean exactly nothing. We are now in the win or go home tourney…. There is zilch the last 10 games for us or Duke, or any remaining team left in the tourney, that matters….

A win is a win. It literally is irrelevant how it happens “based on the closing stretch of the season”……

Duke has played exactly 1 semi good team and they split games with UVA. The ACC does not have a team with a defensive as efficient or tested as ours. Do i think Duke’s new experience playing a top defense in the country could make score below their average? Yes.

The question is if that below average scoring is low enough that our offense scoring anywhere from 50-60 points can’t beat.

People are acting like this is a 1 seed Duke with Coach K at the helm. I get there is a reason for pessimism in general, but the mouth slobbering over Duke is ridiculous.

Can’t tell if this board is closet Duke fans or not.

Reactions: Chunkyvol12
Duke has played exactly 1 semi good team and they split games with UVA. The ACC does not have a team with a defensive as efficient or tested as ours. Do i think Duke’s new experience playing a top defense in the country could make score below their average? Yes.

The question is if that below average scoring is low enough that our offense scoring anywhere from 50-60 points can’t beat.

People are acting like this is a 1 seed Duke with Coach K at the helm. I get there is a reason for pessimism in general, but the mouth slobbering over Duke is ridiculous.
And you are ignoring a Duke team that has matured over the course of the season.

They're one of the most talented teams in the country. They get good PG play from a couple of guys. They can get offense from about 8 guys.

As for Scheyer, we'll just have to see. Duke chose him to replace K with multiple more experienced options available including several that played and coached for Duke.

Until I see a UT PG drive and break down an opposing D, I'll believe that PG is a fatal flaw that will beat UT against good teams.

And you are ignoring a Duke team that has matured over the course of the season.

They're one of the most talented teams in the country. They get good PG play from a couple of guys. They can get offense from about 8 guys.

As for Scheyer, we'll just have to see. Duke chose him to replace K with multiple more experienced options available including several that played and coached for Duke.

Until I see a UT PG drive and break down an opposing D, I'll believe that PG is a fatal flaw that will beat UT against good teams.

I’m ignoring the apparent narrative that Duke is some team that is somehow considered one of the best teams in the country just because they beat a bunch of cupcakes in a very down year ACC conference…..

Duke will play the toughest defense today that they have faced this season…. This will not be the best defense or offense we will have played against this year.

At the end of the day, yes this Duke team has won a lot of games that they should have coming into tourney…. But y’all Duke doom and gloomers are acting like they won games week in and out vs the top teams in the country. That’s no where close to the case.

Duke chose Scheyer because Coach K said to. That is only reason. Same as UNC hiring Hubert… Roy said so

My heart says Vols but my brain says Duke. I just don’t see this being a good matchup for us at all right now. With the upsets in our bracket though this game is HUGE and I hope they make me look stupid.
So you are insane if follow your heart. I often follow my heart and enjoy my life.

If we couldn’t win a championship will Grant Williams , the Admiral and that team we not not going to win one with this one. Yeah we might be Duke but don’t see us winning it all. Plus to many variables .

Reactions: WillisWG
If we couldn’t win a championship will Grant Williams , the Admiral and that team we not not going to win one with this one. Yeah we might be Duke but don’t see us winning it all. Plus to many variables .
Only one 4 seed has ever won it all. Arizona in 97

VN Store

Back