Today will be a war

VOLSBEERS1992

Kentucky isn’t very good because their roster just doesn’t work but they have extremely talented individual players who can put it together on the right day. They are going to play well again vs us today. It’s in rupp and they will be up for this game since a sweep vs us for the first time in forever is up for grabs. It also would all but lock them in the tournament. Massive game for them.
Our boys are probably pissed about how poorly we played at home and are going to be ready to roll as well. Hate that JJJ and Julian might be out again but sometimes I do think being down players helps our guys play a bit looser. They know there isn’t as tight of a leash by Barnes to pull them and sit for every tiny mistake like when we have a massive rotation.
Barnes will have the boys ready. I hope we absolutely punk them and smother them like we did bama. Just need to shoot halfway decent from 3 and I think we go in that hornets next and come out with a W grinding it out with precision.
I predict it goes down to the wire but Vols come out on top with a 68-63 hard fought win today. Santi with the game clinching free throws. GO VOLS.

A lot will depend on the crew we are assigned to call the game in Lexington.

With the riches our conference is blessed with, you would think we could attract and maintain and staff top shelf officiating talent, not the same jake leg journeymen that roll around calling games in multiple conferences night in and night out.

The NFL referees don't call games in the Ohio Valley Conference nor the SEC or the ACC, the SEC should demand the same, the best conference and its members should expect the best in all functional aspects of its games, matches and competitions.

Reactions: HalfullVol
This late in the season, I doubt either coach or the SEC will want to see another game as physical as the Bama game--even though most believe a more physical game favors us over KY.

After reviewing the Bama game, I gotta say that "letting them play" did not improve the consistency of the calls, for either team. Maybe the most important play in the first half of this game will be who gets called for the "this-is-how-we're-gonna-call-it" foul.

It will also be important for Tennessee that the refs show early that they're keeping a close eye on fouls by screeners. If we have to fight through illegal screens, our team defensive advantage gets negated.

So everyone take their BP meds before game time. Refs gonna ref; Rupps gonna rupp. Let's just hope Vegas made enough money Wednesday night that they let this game play out on its own.

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC
You guys need to go out and grab a 12 pack and a fresh roll of charmin two ply. You’re gonna *!?&%# when you see how badly we beat their asses.

This late in the season, I doubt either coach or the SEC will want to see another game as physical as the Bama game--even though most believe a more physical game favors us over KY.

After reviewing the Bama game, I gotta say that "letting them play" did not improve the consistency of the calls, for either team. Maybe the most important play in the first half of this game will be who gets called for the "this-is-how-we're-gonna-call-it" foul.

It will also be important for Tennessee that the refs show early that they're keeping a close eye on fouls by screeners. If we have to fight through illegal screens, our team defensive advantage gets negated.

So everyone take their BP meds before game time. Refs gonna ref; Rupps gonna rupp. Let's just hope Vegas made enough money Wednesday night that they let this game play out on its own.

That will be Plavsic

We should always play defense like we did against Alabama. Kentucky is playing like we are not there.

Kentucky isn’t very good because their roster just doesn’t work but they have extremely talented individual players who can put it together on the right day. They are going to play well again vs us today. It’s in rupp and they will be up for this game since a sweep vs us for the first time in forever is up for grabs. It also would all but lock them in the tournament. Massive game for them.
Our boys are probably pissed about how poorly we played at home and are going to be ready to roll as well. Hate that JJJ and Julian might be out again but sometimes I do think being down players helps our guys play a bit looser. They know there isn’t as tight of a leash by Barnes to pull them and sit for every tiny mistake like when we have a massive rotation.
Barnes will have the boys ready. I hope we absolutely punk them and smother them like we did bama. Just need to shoot halfway decent from 3 and I think we go in that hornets next and come out with a W grinding it out with precision.
I predict it goes down to the wire but Vols come out on top with a 68-63 hard fought win today. Santi with the game clinching free throws. GO VOLS.
I wish you had been correct. :/

Yep, I was expecting a hard fought game, too. How wrong we were. IMO, we were actually worse than last year at Rupp. They were just not very good, either.

Start out that cold shooting up there and never get that Rupp arena crowd out of the game, nothing good happens.

VN Store

Back