Tobias all Vol!

Ok I know very little about Harris other than his ranking...does he really have Durant-like potential?

He can bring the ball up court, he can shoot the 3, and he can take it inside.Thats pretty good to be 6 foot 9, he can even gain another inch or 2 before getting here.

Listen guys, this may seem a little wild...

Ive seen this kid play up close and personal a few times and:

Tobias would be a starter right now on this basketball team.

and when its all said and done, he could easily be the best vol of all time.

This isnt me hyping this kid up or anything, he really is a Carmelo, Brandon Roy, Danny Granger mold type of player and is a PERFECT fit for this team.

and as good of a player he is, hes an even better kid. very classy, great parents.

WERE VERY LUCKY AND FORTUNATE TO HAVE THIS KID. BE EXCITED... BE VERY EXCITED!

This isnt me hyping this kid up or anything, he really is a Carmelo, Brandon Roy, Danny Granger mold type of player and is a PERFECT fit for this team.

I don't really know much about Tobias, but Roy doesn't seem to be in the same mold as Melo and Granger at all to me. Can you explain? What nba player is he most similar to?

I don't really know much about Tobias, but Roy doesn't seem to be in the same mold as Melo and Granger at all to me. Can you explain? What nba player is he most similar to?

Here's a scouting report from rivals.com. Sounds more like Lamar Odom to me:

"Still physically developing, Harris has an advanced skill level as a hybrid forward. He handles the ball at a high level and can score it with touch from the outside and also score inside with more of a power game. Best suited to guard a four man, Harris is a difficult match up for opposing four men with his versatile skill set."

Those chumps booing had New Jersey written all over them... NYC loves Tennessee. I get props on my Titans and Vols clothes all the time. If I'd known he was picking UT I'd have gone down and cheered, but I didn't think it would happen. Way to go Bruce! Now let's get Pinkston, then get Selby back. Although this year it's all CHISM IN YO FACe.

No that was not Jersey. I'm from Jersey. I'm a Jersey boy born and raised and that was def not the Jersey attitude. That was the New York attitude. (maybe just maybe it had a little of a North Jersey feel but thats pretty much considered New York now a days anyway) South Jersey and North Jersey pretty much consider themselves different states but it def wasn't the South Jersey attitude.

Awesome news! Can't wait too see him play. He should be a nice addition to the Vols. Did anyone notice there was a Lady Vols logo beside his name? Oh well, it is ESPN.

No that was not Jersey. I'm from Jersey. I'm a Jersey boy born and raised and that was def not the Jersey attitude. That was the New York attitude. (maybe just maybe it had a little of a North Jersey feel but thats pretty much considered New York now a days anyway) South Jersey and North Jersey pretty much consider themselves different states but it def wasn't the South Jersey attitude.

When I went to NYC last, the New Yorkers were incredible nice to me but Jersey City and Hoboken was a different story :stop:

Im not condoning the booing but what do you expect? You hold your little press conference at the espn zone which is 10 blocks away from msg an hour and a half before syracuse plays a game there. Syracuse has always had a huge following in nyc, big time alumi base there. Might have as well have held it at the carrier dome. The kid handled this whole thing poorly, should have just held the thing at his high school like most kids do.

New yorkers arent as bad as some of you southerners make us out to be, My family has held giant season tickets for while now and you would be surprised how little they boo.

btw congrats on getting harris

Thanks. The 'Cuse wasn't exactly hurting for Tobias anyways. I could see why Syracuse fans are hating on Tobias though, considering he basically went into your backyard and let a lot of people down.

Thanks. The 'Cuse wasn't exactly hurting for Tobias anyways. I could see why Syracuse fans are hating on Tobias though, considering he basically went into your backyard and let a lot of people down.

Alot of people invested alot of time in the whole the whole recruiting process of the kid and thought for sure he was coming here. Three of his aau teammates have already committed here and everyone thought he wanted to stay close to home and play in the big east.

I dont really think its that big of a loss for us because we already have a top 5 recruiting class coming in and have alot of talented forwards. I think it was a bigger pickup for you then it was for us.

Great pickup for the Vols. Vol fans better enjoy this player while he is here, to bad he couldnt play for this years team instead of a team that will be very down next year.

The kid handled this whole thing poorly, should have just held the thing at his high school like most kids do.

He shouldn't have to worry about hurting the feelings of a bunch of grown men when making one of the most important announcements of his life. If you're 17 or 18 and you have a chance to do something like this, you're going to live it up to the fullest extent possible.

"Well, I've got the opportunity to make my announcement at a prominent venue in New York City in front of a national audience, but if I take that route, Syracuse fans might feel scorned. I guess I'll just settle for my high school instead, despite the fact that I'll never get a chance to do this again."

Yeah, right.

He shouldn't have to worry about hurting the feelings of a bunch of grown men when making one of the most important announcements of his life. If you're 17 or 18 and you have a chance to do something like this, you're going to live it up to the fullest extent possible.

"Well, I've got the opportunity to make my announcement at a prominent venue in New York City in front of a national audience, but if I take that route, Syracuse fans might feel scorned. I guess I'll just settle for my high school instead, despite the fact that I'll never get a chance to do this again."

Yeah, right.

Harrison barnes who was ranked higher then harris held his presser at his high school, most kids hold them at their high schools. He knew syracuse was playing at the garden on this night and he still held it at the espn zone. He put himself in a spot were he could be booed.

There is no doubt you are getting a talented player and this is not me being bitter cause frankly his act has worn thin on me, but this kid desperately seeks the spotlight. Im glad the whole tobias harris look at me world tour is over.

There is no doubt you are getting a talented player and this is not me being bitter cause frankly his act has worn thin on me, but this kid desperately seeks the spotlight. Im glad the whole tobias harris look at me world tour is over.

Right, yeah, you're not bitter about it at all. That much is definitely obvious…

In any case, every time a prominent recruit rejects one school and chooses another, many fans of the rejected team express the same sentiment you're expressing here. That's how it goes.

I don't consider Cuse84 bitter. He came back, after the fact Tobias committed here, to congratulate us on getting him...that's pretty classy IMO. Thx again and GL with the Cuse. I watched the Cal game and you all pretty much put it to them. Watch out for Cornell though and g/l for the rest of the season.

I don't consider Cuse84 bitter. He came back, after the fact Tobias committed here, to congratulate us on getting him...that's pretty classy IMO. Thx again and GL with the Cuse. I watched the Cal game and you all pretty much put it to them. Watch out for Cornell though and g/l for the rest of the season.

Good luck to you guys too, you have a good team this year and are alot of fun to watch. Cornell almost beat us last year so we are going to have to play well to beat them, they are legit I can see them winning a game or two in the ncaa tourney this year.

VN Store

Back