To those of you not at the game

volman85

Not justifying throwing anything onto field or players, but something that I have not seen mentioned is the replay on the jumbotron for Warren's catch on 4th down. What was showed numerous times appeared to be Warren stretching the ball over the line. I hear replays on TV were less convincing, but the fans experienced something different at the game. Given this on top of the "questionable"reversal of the defensive TD in the 1st qtr, and not measuring on a couple key ole miss consecutive 3rd and 4th down conversions, not to mention apparent flopping by players, fans felt getting "jobbed" by officials.
It also being a night game also contributed with inebriated fans. I was very glad my 10 year old daughter didn't have to be around it.

Not justifying throwing anything onto field or players, but something that I have not seen mentioned is the replay on the jumbotron for Warren's catch on 4th down. What was showed numerous times appeared to be Warren stretching the ball over the line. I hear replays on TV were less convincing, but the fans experienced something different at the game. Given this on top of the "questionable"reversal of the defensive TD in the 1st qtr, and not measuring on a couple key ole miss consecutive 3rd and 4th down conversions, not to mention apparent flopping by players, fans felt getting "jobbed" by officials.
It also being a night game also contributed with inebriated fans. I was very glad my 10 year old daughter didn't have to be around it.

No where did Warren ever reach the ball out to get the first down.

1634495327693.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-17 at 2.23.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-17 at 12.54.20 PM.png

TV replay showed the ball near the ball carriers belt line, not in his out-stretched arm.

It wasn't as short as what they called it initially and I thought he had it but good call.

Reactions: rtr88

I haven't yet seen the play, but Pat Ryan and Bob Kessling were convinced it was a first down and were shocked by the result of the review. Perhaps the replay they saw was the same as what you saw on the jumbotron.

Reactions: Wireless1
My thing is when he caught the ball and started running up field he was on his feet and nobody even tackled him so why did he even dive and lunge forward. My point is you never put refs in position to make questionable calls, make the plays on your own and leave no doubt. If you watch the replay you will see what I’m saying, stay on your feet and bulldoze

The ball was in his left hand right?

he didn't make it. The ball was in his left hand and around his waist area which landed well short of the line to gain. If he had the ball in his right hand which was at head level, might have made it.

Reactions: Boca Vol

Heck, Warren couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time...As soon as he caught the ball, he started stumbling...C'mon man, RUN...

Agreed OP. It was a perfect storm and that was just the boiling point. Not to mention every time their players got off the field after an “injury” they would high five the coaches and players. Absolutely unacceptable. And then Kiffin and his classless team taunting the fans all game. It is what it is. I would of loved to be there but am glad my kids weren’t as well. Screw popcorn, get your golf balls ready. 😬

I hate the fact we didn't get the first down, but the officials had it right. Well do I know that the truth tends to be unwelcome unless it is in one's own favor or denigrates someone else. While I don't disagree that the officials periodically made questionable and even B.S. calls, they got this one right. It wasn't a first down.

He didn't make the first down marker. It's that simple. Our fan base is crying about that but not concerned about why it was 4th and 27?
I haven't seen a definitive replay that tells me one way or the other. But I am sure that the referee mechanics were screwed up because the guy that spotted the ball was the Head Linesman and he was 20 yards behind the play when Warren went down. I don't know whether he botched the spot by 6 inches or a full yard, but he clearly missed it.

Not sure about the spot. However, I am sure about many missed holding calls each time Corral would take off and several other missed or blown calls of significance.
On one play their tackle was dragging our d-lineman down from behind as the d was grasping Corral
The only reason the called a hands to the face on their d-line was because his hand got caught

VN Store

Back