To those in favor of the "F You Florida" Chant

We were chanting that against one of our rivals. Within the next few years, we will probably hear the "F bomb" on television anyway, especially the way this nation is being ran right now. Plus, we cheered for OUR team and "booed" the opposing team. If it was the other way around, then I could understand how it could be negative towards recruiting.

Nope far off from being a religious group and I was one of the people chanting F U Florida but he asked us specifically to try and not facilitate it anymore. I personally don't give a rats a$$ but he came and met with us for that specific reason

The fact that a school in Florida is negative recruiting against a team that hasn't seen 8 wins since the Bush Administration is comical.

Reactions: 1 person
The fact that a school in Florida is negative recruiting against a team that hasn't seen 8 wins since the Bush Administration is comical.

if this is even happening and I'm a parent, it sends up a red flag.

When you have to start talking bad about others in order to better yourself, it doesn't usually work out.

Apparently members of the UF coaching staff have taken recordings of our "F U Florida" chant that took place and are sending them to recruits' family members (grandparents, parents, aunts/uncles, etc...). THhis is with the idea of "would you really like your kid to play for a fan base that chants this?" So keep that in mind as we host Bama and try and keep it class.

(Edit after all the smartass responses) The reason I bring this up is that as a member of a student organization on campus we were approached by Butch this weekend to try and encourage the student body not to do this because it's harming recruiting. I too have my smartass responses but since it came from BUTCH JONES himself I thought I'd post.

I don't much care for f u chants period but how is this true? Are you kidding me? The only recruit that will care about this is a recruit that already knows he is going to florida.

It happened. It was unfortunate. Florida is grasping at anything to turn their class around.

It happened. It was unfortunate. Florida is grasping at anything to turn their class around.

I counter with this then. Why does it matter? We have a top 5 recruiting class at least. Not cool that they make a recording of a bunch of kids jacked up on drinks and a football game. Oh well. Don't say f u chants kids.

I can't quite place that high-pitched whining tune they are playing ...

Oh, of course! The Negavols theme song!

Hopefully, you didn't think i was referring to us. I'm about a 70% lean toward a sunshine pumper. I was referring to the Gators being in desperation mode having to resort to taping our crowd to gain a recruiting advantage.

I was ashamed of the group that said that....To me that was very classless...Some people just to do not have any couth or tack...

In case some you do not know what that word means.... here ya go:
couth
ko͞oTH/
humorous
adjective
adjective: couth

cultured, refined, and well mannered.

Apparently members of the UF coaching staff have taken recordings of our "F U Florida" chant that took place and are sending them to recruits' family members (grandparents, parents, aunts/uncles, etc...). THhis is with the idea of "would you really like your kid to play for a fan base that chants this?" So keep that in mind as we host Bama and try and keep it class.

(Edit after all the smartass responses) The reason I bring this up is that as a member of a student organization on campus we were approached by Butch this weekend to try and encourage the student body not to do this because it's harming recruiting. I too have my smartass responses but since it came from BUTCH JONES himself I thought I'd post.

Recording of Butch saying this or GTFO.

Seriously,

Florida is 45th in the recruiting rankings, this staff has more pressing matters to address than Florida's recruiting tactics.

I was ashamed of the group that said that....To me that was very classless...Some people just to do not have any couth or tack...

In case some you do not know what that word means.... here ya go:
couth
ko͞oTH/
humorous
adjective
adjective: couth

cultured, refined, and well mannered.

You may want to CC this to the Florida football team that was giving the finger to the students section as well.

You don't remember what it's like to be young do you?

They are going to think it's hilarious. Beside I doubt ole Willie will be UF's coach next season.

I don't care what Florida does...WE are the Vols and should not act that way and embarrass the University with such classless actions

Water over the bridge at this point.

Maybe holding an etiquette class at Gate 21 before the games would help.

Water over the bridge at this point.

Maybe holding an etiquette class at Gate 21 before the games would help.

I agree...I was not raised that way....My dad would come back from the dead to whoop my a$$ if I was embarrassing the Family and the University...by chanting something like that....

Florida INVENTED bad sportsmanship & vulgarity. They're ones to talk! They better be worried about landing a job rather than spending time tattling on UT students!

Yea I am sure there are a lot of good schools where 18-22 year olds never use profanity. Maybe the award for the biggest overreaction of the dozens of threads on the topic imo.

Sarcasm bro.....it's called sarcasm. Personally I found it a little humorous they chanted it. Was it the mature thing to do? No, but in the heat of the moment those things happen.

VN Store

Back