To those drunk fans...

Manchester_Vol

To those fans who didn’t watch the game until we went into OT (because they were so busy getting drunk) and then decided to come to our section, yell and argue with Vol fans, scream and yell at the BYU fans, then scream and yell more when we asked you to return to your section. Your behavior was deplorable. But throwing what was left in your beer cups at the player’s families was inexcusable. Last week we brought our 5-year old grandson with us. And while we watched some lack luster play on the field, at least we felt safe with him with us. This week we didn’t bring him and i’m so glad. I would have hated for him to see how people behave when they are intoxicated. To say nothing about how we and those around us felt exposed to your drunken behavior. You made a bad game even worse! Where is security when you need them.

To those fans who didn’t watch the game until we went into OT (because they were so busy getting drunk) and then decided to come to our section, yell and argue with Vol fans, scream and yell at the BYU fans, then scream and yell more when we asked you to return to your section. Your behavior was deplorable. But throwing what was left in your beer cups at the player’s families was inexcusable. Last week we brought our 5-year old grandson with us. And while we watched some lack luster play on the field, at least we felt safe with him with us. This week we didn’t bring him and i’m so glad. I would have hated for him to see how people behave when they are intoxicated. To say nothing about how we and those around us felt exposed to your drunken behavior. You made a bad game even worse! Where is security when you need them.

I wouldn't bring children to a public hanging unless you want them to see death.

On a further note, the reason they have suddenly agreed to sell beer is cause.
1. We can't win.
2. People aren't showing up for losers.
3. Being able to buy a beer to watch your team for the first time in Neyland filled seats after the worst loss in history.
4. Like it or not, booze will create energy. That energy is better than apathy or fans who tell ppl to "sit down" so they can see.
This is a football game, not church. Emotions are involved. You put a man and his lifelong emotions with the Vols having it crapped on week in week out, you are going to have some blowback.
5. I'd say the reason for at least 25% of that energy was from beer.
6. You want home field advantage, ppl being loud?

Now I wasn't there, but I been in the seats with ppl telling other ppl how to act cause their kids are there. Never works never will.

I am curious, how would you describe them?

I'm surprised anyone even cares enough to throw a beer or scream at other people in the stands.

Haha right. I still follow the Vols and always will but both the GA St and BYU game did absolutely nothing to impact my emotions. At the end of the game a “meh” was all I could muster.

that behavior is inexcusable...period...and should not be tolerated...as a Vol fan I apologize to you and yours...and, yes, security should've been there to stop it...

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What do you have to apologize for? You didn’t do it. That should never happen, but those knuckleheads shouldn’t be allowed to represent how Vol fans should be perceived.

Those that act a fool when they’re drunk screw it all up for those of us that don’t.

BTW....the most enthusiastic play I saw last night from the players was when they left the field for the locker room. They don’t look or act like a team, why should we expect them to play like one!

I'm surprised anyone even cares enough to throw a beer or scream at other people in the stands.
Yea I feel ya at this point now it’s like oh well, who gives a *** and throwing my beer ain’t one of em that’s more like my relief in all this misery..

Alcohol sales in Neyland is a bad idea. I hope they will rethink it.
disagree
ppl pregame and get all liquored up cause they can't drink a beer as an adult in an arena/stadium with 100,000 ppl during their leisure time after paying 100 dollars to gain entry.
they have the right to pay 15 dollars for a 32 oz warm beer while they watch 20 year olds in orange screw up time and again.
would you rather just have an empty stadium?

Reactions: 08Vol and CSVol
I hate to hear this happened. Not surprised though. I was actually incredibly impressed with the attitude and support shown before and during the game. I didn't hear a cross word all night.

Granted I left when we failed to convert the 4th down with maybe 4 minutes left because well.... The writing was on the wall. I feel bad for anyone that stayed to endure that. (I also had a 5 year old losing her mind in exhaustion).

It's going to be tough in a season like this to get 80,000+ people to act right.

You can send a text beginning with the word VOLS to 69050 for security/medical/ or other issues.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-09-08-10-23-50.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-08-10-23-50.png
    461.7 KB · Views: 87

VN Store

Back