To Protect and to Serve II

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/07/us/r...hway-patrol-thousand-oaks-shooting/index.html

The sheriff's sergeant who initially responded to last month's mass shooting at the Borderline Bar and Grill in Thousand Oaks, California, was fatally shot by gunfire from a California Highway Patrol officer, officials said Friday.
Sgt. Ron Helus was struck five times by gunfire from the suspect, Ian David Long, according to Ventura County Sheriff Bill Ayub, but was hit by a sixth bullet from a CHP officer's rifle.

Really?? 19 cars against 1 in a high speed chase? At what point are they going to make these high speed chases illegal? The cops pose more a risk driving at these speeds in wet weather than somebody with tinted windows or a busted taillight.

Really?? 19 cars against 1 in a high speed chase? At what point are they going to make these high speed chases illegal? The cops pose more a risk driving at these speeds in wet weather than somebody with tinted windows or a busted taillight.

Well you have to wonder why you would run if all you have is “tinted windows and a busted tail light .” Now I agree cops should have very strict regulations with regard to conducting a high speed chase. No more then x miles per hour etc.. But the real solution is just pull the hell over. That’s the problem.

Reactions: Matt2496

Don't try to run away from cops and chases like this wouldn't happen to begin with.

1. Why are they chasing? If you don't know then you're just guessing. Odds are heavily against your assertions but I digress...

2. You're 100% right about everything. I've been in a handful of pursuits (my department's policy is violent felons ONLY), one of which was called off due to weather conditions, public safety, etc, for a man who had kidnapped three kids, which had been found safely the day before. (There is much more to that story that lead up to that but it's unrelated).

3. The man who shot that video said more than one agency was involved in that pursuit. I PRAY it was a serious felon they were chasing because...damn...that's A LOT of vehicles

4. The number one problem (and I have a lot of them) I have in that video, is the last SUV that came through the intersection... regardless of whether he had a green light or not, you HAVE to slow down EVERY intersection and clear it.

5. They at least had enough forethought to block off the intersection prior to. Still...ultra dangerous given road conditions.

This is once that I tend to agree with you more than not. The public safety risk with that number of cars, traffic, road conditions, speed, etc... extremely dangerous. I hope that ended peacefully.

Reactions: davethevol
Old story, but still very disgusting. Jack booting thugs try to take dog away from owner. Do the cops not have anything else better to do besides to annoy and pick at citizens over trivial nonsense? The police chief and cop that issued the citation are the exact reason why most people hate cops.

Waterford Township considers changes to pit bull ordinance

The Waterford Township Board of Trustees is considering changing a community ordinance that bans pit bulls to allow a veterinarian to determine a pet’s breed.

Tillery adopted the dog June 6 from Harper Woods-based Detroit Dog Rescue and posted a photo of Diggy and himself upside down and smiling that went viral and was shared by news outlets nationwide.

But days later, due to the media coverage and calls to the Waterford Police Department, officers visited Diggy at Tillery’s home and determined that Diggy is part-pit bull.

Move to Nashville. Our officers are not allowed to pursue unless there is a hostage in the car and a reason to think the person will be murdered. Works great. One guy that they didn't pursue after he stole a BMW last year wound up killing a bunch of people at the Waffle House a couple of days later.

Old story, but still very disgusting. Jack booting thugs try to take dog away from owner. Do the cops not have anything else better to do besides to annoy and pick at citizens over trivial nonsense? The police chief and cop that issued the citation are the exact reason why most people hate cops.

Waterford Township considers changes to pit bull ordinance
Sadly most people who adopt these types of dogs have no idea how to take care of them and protect the public should an accident occur. I'd like to have a pet bear. I've got fenced acreage and barn it could use for a den. For now, I am bearless. Part of living in society. I bet they'd let me have a bear in Russia though.

Move to Nashville. Our officers are not allowed to pursue unless there is a hostage in the car and a reason to think the person will be murdered. Works great. One guy that they didn't pursue after he stole a BMW last year wound up killing a bunch of people at the Waffle House a couple of days later.

So are you for high speed chases or not?

Sadly most people who adopt these types of dogs have no idea how to take care of them and protect the public should an accident occur. I'd like to have a pet bear. I've got fenced acreage and barn it could use for a den. For now, I am bearless. Part of living in society. I bet they'd let me have a bear in Russia though.
It would be different if the dog was a known menace and terrorizing the neighborhood. All this dog was doing was licking the face of its owner on a few Fakebook photos. You don't just paint with a broad brush and make stupid laws like this one.

There are a lot of places where pit bulls are prohibited. Lots of rental housing won't accept them either. No saying it's right or wrong but I figure if the pit bull people are not going to help me get a bear then I'm not going to get worked up about them losing their dogs.

The high speed chase thing is a double edge sword. It has become a real problem in Nashville because all of the criminals know that if they run the pursuit will be cut off. Most of them, the police eventually catch but they will probably victimize some more citizens in the mean time. Personally, I'm okay with shoot to kill on anyone who flees in a car. Easier on everyone in the long run.

There are a lot of places where pit bulls are prohibited.
Dumb laws. The general public has far more to be worried about than pit bulls... or bears for that matter. So even your sarcastic comment highlights the ridiculous measures we will take for trivial threats in our daily lives.

I really do want a bear. When I was a kid, some neighbors one block over had two pet cougars. Triple fenced enclosure. The were responsible. Then Joe Savage's cats turned on his daughter and we all but banned exotics unless you're a rehabilitator.

I really do want a bear. When I was a kid, some neighbors one block over had two pet cougars. Triple fenced enclosure. The were responsible. Then Joe Savage's cats turned on his daughter and we all but banned exotics unless you're a rehabilitator.
I remember the Joe Savage incident. That dude was one weird Mofo

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
About 15 years or so ago I was coming home from work and got passed by a contingent of cops flying down the wrong way doing at least 60 mph. Turns out they were on their way to rescue a brother cop who had been stabbed while making a traffic stop.

Once the truth was told, it came out that the cop stabbed himself in the leg with his pen knife and claimed someone else did it. I don't trust cops because they lie and protect their own kind that lie.

About 15 years or so ago I was coming home from work and got passed by a contingent of cops flying down the wrong way doing at least 60 mph. Turns out they were on their way to rescue a brother cop who had been stabbed while making a traffic stop.

Once the truth was told, it came out that the cop stabbed himself in the leg with his pen knife and claimed someone else did it. I don't trust cops because they lie and protect their own kind that lie.
I've had police do me a lot of solids over the years. If we didn't have them, it would be a blood bath and it wouldn't be the poor and downtrodden who come out on top.

I don't know much about Georgia tickets. In Florida, if the cop doesn't show you simply ask the judge to dismiss. The ticket will be dismissed. Another option here is to change your plea to no contest and the judge will withhold adjudication on the offense. You pay the fine, but no points and no guilty for your insurance company to used against you for rates. The judge may have you do a driving class, as well depending on your driving record.

Most states have a deal where you can do a class in exchange for a reduction on the ticket.
How much time do you think officers spend in court on an avg weekly dealing with tickets?

VN Store

Back