'25 TN WR Tarrion Grant

He has a great offer list and committed to Perdue. Normally I would say well maybe he just likes Perdue better. But with that kind of offer list I don’t buy it. I also don’t buy that Perdue was able to drop a bigger bag than anyone else in his offer list.

So did the staff see something in him they didn’t like? I would love to know what happens here as well.

Reactions: Swiftybaby
What’s the story here? No2 player in the state according to 247 but committed to Purdue and I scrolled 3 pages here and couldn’t find a thread for him
The staff stopped talking to him around January, and then he committed to Purdue. (Just going off this thread)

Pretty good track athlete.
Ran a 10.8 in the 100 Meter as a sophomore 😳

I don’t know what happened, but looking at his film he would be a take all day.

Is he really the #2 guy in the state?? IDK, but he’s an athlete that can run and make plays.

Dude is overrated which is why he landed at Purdue.
He got offered by Bama and Texas A&M
AFTER he committed to Purdue.

And like I said earlier his tape is really good.

Running a 10.8 100 meter as a sophomore is great!

Maybe he just wanted Purdue?

He was supposed to reclass to 24 but didn’t. Also hasn’t really been anywhere beside Purdue unless you count group trips to Louisville and Purdue so 🤷‍♂️. He’s going to be a pretty good safety and Ryan Walters is a known DB developer
And there it is!

He only wanted to go to Purdue.

People don’t have to talk down a kids ability just because he doesn’t come to UT.
That’s…anyway.

Tennessee is doing exceptionally well in getting playmakers at WR and then you look at the two DBs from Milton GA. Tennessee is not hurting in recruiting right now. They’re on FIRE actually.

What’s the story here? No2 player in the state according to 247 but committed to Purdue and I scrolled 3 pages here and couldn’t find a thread for him
We never really pushed for him. Most think his ideal position is safety; he just simply wasn’t high enough on our board. I don’t think he’s a bad player but maybe overrated.

From Jan 6 - Jan 14 he was offered by Oregon, FSU, A&M, and Bama. He committed to Purdue during that timeframe (Jan 14).

No idea if he’s overrated tho.
Gotta be a family tie or he just really likes the school, as hard as that is to believe. I just can’t fathom it’s nil

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
And there it is!

He only wanted to go to Purdue.

People don’t have to talk down a kids ability just because he doesn’t come to UT.
That’s…anyway.

Tennessee is doing exceptionally well in getting playmakers at WR and then you look at the two DBs from Milton GA. Tennessee is not hurting in recruiting right now. They’re on FIRE actually.
Apparently Purdue has a great developer of DBs at head coach. Nyland Green transferred there, they had a 3 star true freshman safety grade higher than Caleb Downs and beat him out for 247 and On3 true freshman of the year on defense. I wouldn’t talk down on Purdue landing high ranking DBs as long as the current coach is there.

Reactions: LittleVol
Haven't heard anything to suggest Tarrion is a bad kid lol. From the 7v7 stuff I've seen in person of him he's very engaged with teammates and seems like a likable guy. I didn't have a reason to go to Siegel since he didn't really take any visits after I interviewed him and wasn't coming here but just bc he isn't committing to Tennessee doesn't make him not a culture fit lol

Apparently Purdue has a great developer of DBs at head coach. Nyland Green transferred there, they had a 3 star true freshman safety grade higher than Caleb Downs and beat him out for 247 and On3 true freshman of the year on defense. I wouldn’t talk down on Purdue landing high ranking DBs as long as the current coach is there.
That’s what Allvolrecruitng was saying.

He’s a 6’3 kid who can play DB and runs really well.
His WR tape is far superior. But maybe he has a plan and that’s the clearest path for him is to be a DB there. Good get by Purdue.

But Tennessee has Redmond and Lewis who are both top notch DBs with Jackson and Dodson at WR. Tennessee fans should be very excited about the coming years

Not a soul would take that Purdue DB over Downs though let’s be honest.

From Jan 6 - Jan 14 he was offered by Oregon, FSU, A&M, and Bama. He committed to Purdue during that timeframe (Jan 14).

No idea if he’s overrated tho.
Did any of those schools push to get him in on visits or anything though? Sounds like he really only visited a couple of places? Even if you were locked into going to Purdue it would seem like you wanted to take at least a visit or two to a school like FSU or Oregon or something like that.

Reactions: LittleVol
Every now and then a really good football player does this and it makes sense. Obviously not the move for everyone and the numbers back that up, but to be *the* guy on a team brings its advantages too. Kendarius Reddick is committed to UCF. Easier to see the field.

It may really work out for him, but it doesn’t matter. Nobody is starting over Lagonza in this class.

Offers and commitable offers aren’t the same. I’m not saying those offers weren’t committable but we don’t know that they were either.
Timing is everything.
The Bama and Texas AM offers came after he already committed to Purdue.

The kid is good.
He just wanted to play DB for Waters

Offers and commitable offers aren’t the same. I’m not saying those offers weren’t committable but we don’t know that they were either.
You would think those teams would’ve at least pushed him for a visit if they were interested. I think a lot of teams saw him as a good player but down the board. In any case I imagine he has a good career at Purdue.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back