‘23 TN WR Nathan Spillman (Tennessee)

Marquise Lee was a high 4* prospect and ranked 59 in the composite. Although he was ranked lower than USC wide receivers, but he appropriately rated by services.

I think he played like a 5 star when he was at USC. In my opinion. Haven't reviewed stats or awards. He also had a lot of superstars to share the ball with too. Kiffin was his coach too I believe.

I think he played like a 5 star when he was at USC. In my opinion. Haven't reviewed stats or awards. He also had a lot of superstars to share the ball with too. Kiffin was his coach too I believe.
5*s are projected first round picks. He was drafted in the second. He marginally outplayed his ranking in my opinion. Recruiting services did a good job on his evaluation.

This game was played on a Sunday at Noon. It was really 🔥. Juan was best player in State even though Jacoby Steven's from Oakland was borderline 5 Star. Super Athletic Player. In CHRIST Alone

Hottern hell. There was nothing I could find to take shade from either. Jennings, Jack Jones, Jacoby Stevens, and the Kyle Oliver kid who was a TE committed to UT, but never signed…all played in that game.

I was standing on the sidelines during his senior year when Blackman played Oakland and it was about 130 degrees. Jennings played QB and I remember telling folks on the message boards after the game that he would be a Safety or WR at Tennessee and some said I was crazy.
I was talking with Jennings step mom during the recruitment and his years at TN. They really wanted him to be a QB and he shined in practice, but they realized soon that his future was at WR.
JJ is the example of a kid that is genuinely a good kid but needs some tough love to mature him. He is the offensive version of Banks. Plays with emotion, has a hard time controlling his emotions and competitive spirit. JJ was able to focus and is an absolute monster in the NFL. DBs don’t like dealing with him. He is a David Boston like physical receiver that manhandles corners. He doesn’t lose his cool off the field like Boston did though.

Is Edwin Spillman (#2 Ranked Player in TN for 2024) Nathan's Brother? If so it make sense why we took this guy. Elijah/Caleb Herring play IMO

Unfortunately, like most people, I don't track the genealogy of our High School recruits.

I don't think there's a single one of the 17 pages that says Nate Spillman is Edwin Spillman's brother.

I'm just teasing you, but I'm too lazy for the blue font

Yeah it really takes a leap to assume two kids that look identical, have the same last name, one year apart, play the same sport, and attend the same high school are brothers.

Again, like most people, I don’t scout 16 year old high school kids and cross reference them against 17 year old high school kids. Sounds like you have way too much time on your hands.

Again, like most people, I don’t scout 16 year old high school kids and cross reference them against 17 year old high school kids. Sounds like you have way too much time on your hands.
So you did have enough time to cross reference Elijah and Caleb Herring, but not enough time for the Spillmans?

Spillman is one I’m looking forward to hearing about in preseason camp. It’ll be interesting to see if he’s one of those overlooked recruits who shows up and looks impressive. I’m also interested to see where/how he fits the coaches’ plans.
My suspicion is he comes in and is athletic enough to help in some special teams early in his career while he bounces around positions seeing if they can find something that sticks.

My suspicion is he comes in and is athletic enough to help in some special teams early in his career while he bounces around positions seeing if they can find something that sticks.
They will decide early this spring if he stays at WR or try to move him to S. There won't be any bouncing around IMO. This staff really doesn't like doing that. If we don't get another WR from the portal, he'll likely stay there and be developed.

They will decide early this spring if he stays at WR or try to move him to S. There won't be any bouncing around IMO. This staff really doesn't like doing that. If we don't get another WR from the portal, he'll likely stay there and be developed.
That was more an indication of him than the staff. I think he has plenty of athletic ability but I am not sure where he actually fits on the field. I do not think he finds success at WR and so can he find a home at SS? Not sure.

That was more an indication of him than the staff. I think he has plenty of athletic ability but I am not sure where he actually fits on the field. I do not think he finds success at WR and so can he find a home at SS? Not sure.
He's really raw at WR, but I'm not sure if he played defense at all at Lipscomb Academy.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back