‘23 TN WR Justin Brown

Ehh, helps with blocking more than anything. The hand fighting receivers use doesn't translate from wrestling.. just know he's a tough kid.
My roomie at UT was on the wrestling team before Title IX nuked it. We worked out together a good bit. Hands are very much a part of gaining advantage/leverage or simply just throwing your opponent off balance ever so slightly. Having said that I do love a lineman that has wrestling in his background. As for a WR, it can't do anything but help him.

My roomie at UT was on the wrestling team before Title IX nuked it. We worked out together a good bit. Hands are very much a part of gaining advantage/leverage or simply just throwing your opponent off balance ever so slightly. Having said that I do love a lineman that has wrestling in his background. As for a WR, it can't do anything but help him.
Wrestling is more about wrist control and leverage, a receiver is pushing or chopping at the arms of a CB. Not the same thing, that's my point. Not a lot of translation at all.

Wrestling is more about wrist control and leverage, a receiver is pushing or chopping at the arms of a CB. Not the same thing, that's my point. Not a lot of translation at all.
Julio Jones said his wrestling background was monumental to his release off the line.

The chicken fighting is helpful at almost every position in football.

This is a big weekend for the Murfreesboro native. Playing on the same 7v7 team as Conyer and Herring, Brown seems to like Tennessee a good bit. There is plenty of orange in around Murfreesboro and he has been hearing about seeing him in orange the last several months. A relative newcomer to the recruiting scene, it will be interesting to see what his timeline becomes as he gets more traction.
-VQ

Hearing from a Blackman assistant he “silent” committed to UT Saturday afternoon
ZecayM.gif

Regarding Pope hire:

“I told him congratulations on getting the job. He thanked me and said he can’t wait to get this thing started. Overall, I think he’s a good fit for the job and I definitely think he deserves it. We’ve been on the phone and texting back and forth a lot. He’s been in good contact with me.”

Random bump I know I know...What's the word on this kid?Surprisingly quiet but talked to some folks seen him playing and they love him.Just being instate I thought u would see more interaction,I feel dirty never did a wtf was that for 5th page bump up haha.Anxiously waiting with baited breath 🤞

Random bump I know I know...What's the word on this kid?Surprisingly quiet but talked to some folks seen him playing and they love him.Just being instate I thought u would see more interaction,I feel dirty never did a wtf was that for 5th page bump up haha.Anxiously waiting with baited breath 🤞
down the list

Thanks I figured as much thought he be more a priority but I'm glad he isn't just shows what kinda wrs were in on.This would have been Butch Jones headliner 5 years ago...
Butch was terrible at a lot of things. Recruiting and getting big time talent wasn’t one of them. Sure we had a lot of busts during that time, but his 2014-2017 classes brought in a lot of great talent and a lot of those guys are playing on Sundays now and playing at a high level. His recruiting especially the salvaging of the 2013 class and being able to flip Dobbs in the short time he did when he wasn’t even considering us previously is what kept us from being worse than Vanderbilt from 2013-2020. That 2016 team would’ve been a CFP team with this current staff and the 2015 team likely would’ve likely won the east. I hated Butch, but that comment was preposterous

Not talked about often but we lead and stay in “just enough” contact. My guess is he is in the same group as bell and some other 4 star WRs that are “priorities” but likely to not be takes if we get our top 3-4 on the board.

Not talked about often but we lead and stay in “just enough” contact. My guess is he is in the same group as bell and some other 4 star WRs that are “priorities” but likely to not be takes if we get our top 3-4 on the board.
we didn't make top 5

He's not a take anymore and we didn't make his top 5

Reactions: jvols1999

VN Store

Back