'22 TN WR Isaiah Horton (Miami commit)

One of Tennessee's longtime in-state targets is planning to visit the Vols again soon. Four-star Class of 2022 wide receiver Isaiah Horton of Oakland High School in Murfreesboro, Tenn., told GoVols247 that he's scheduled to travel to Knoxville on June 4 for a visit that will coincide with Tennessee's Night at Neyland camp.

The 6-foot-3, 190-pound Horton has visited the Vols multiple times in the past. But he will be traveling to Tennessee's campus for the first time since February 2020, when he attended one of the Vols' junior days under former coach Jeremy Pruitt.
“I’m not going to do any officials (this summer). I’m just going to do regular (unofficial) visits,” Horton said in late April, adding that he was planning to save his official visits “for the fall.”

Horton said last month that his timeline for a decision was still open-ended. But he said at the time that he was hoping his visits in June would begin to give him an idea of which school he might want to choose.

“Just which one’s a home to me? Which one feels truly, truly (like) a home to me?” Horton said in late April. “I’ve just got to sit down, talk with my family and just talk to myself, actually — just figure out what I want for my future — and go on from there.”
-Callahan

FOUR-STAR WR ISAIAH HORTON
Tennessee has remained one of the top teams in the running for the longtime Vols target from Oakland High School in Murfreesboro, Tenn., and the Vols still appear to be legitimate contenders for him going into the summer. Horton has indicated on multiple occasions over the past few months that Florida is his leader, and if he made a decision any time soon, the Gators still might be the team most likely to land him. But sources said he's likely to wait until at least this fall to make his decision, and he's currently not planning to take any official visits in June. Miami and Tennessee are the other main contenders for Horton at the moment, and he's planning to visit all three of them next month, including a trip to Knoxville next week that will coincide with the Vols' Night at Neyland camp on June 4. Sources still believe Tennessee's chances of ultimately landing Horton could continue to improve the longer he waits to make a decision.
-Callahan

Bama is only taking 2-3 WR’s this year, because it’s not a pressing need for them. I could see Barion going to Bama, but Horton goes to FL, imo. I’m sure I’ll be wrong but oh well. These were Bama’s top targets, supposedly.
CJ Williams
Kevin Coleman
Kojo Antwi
Shazz Preston

Also, are we finally in the drivers seat for Cam Miller? I don’t see Bama taking him either
Bama also in the thick of it for Luther Burden, #1 WR in this class. He’s comitted to OU, but listening to others.

— Four-star Class of 2022 wide receiver Isaiah Horton of Oakland High School in Murfreesboro, Tenn., didn't participate in the camp but visited the Vols on Friday for the first time in more than a year. Horton spent time with some of Tennessee's current players, including freshman quarterback Kaidon Salter and wide receiver Walker Merrill, during Friday's camp and looked the part physically as a longtime in-state target for the Vols. He also visited Florida on Tuesday, and the Gators still appear to be Tennessee's main competition for him.
-Callahan

Florida was the front-runner for the four-star receiver from Murfreesboro (Tenn.) Oakland but after a recent visit to Tennessee the chatter is that no team is leading at this point which means the Volunteers have made up big ground. Horton’s recent visit to Knoxville went really well and the new coaching staff’s vision for how to use the four-star in the offense is definitely appealing.
Rivals

This has been a news moving week behind the scenes. We believe there is a strong chance that Isaiah Horton will officially visit next weekend. Horton has been feeling the Vols more and more since he was in town for Night at Neyland. Miami remains in the mix but that one seems a bit to far. This really comes down to Florida and the Vols in our opinion.
VQ

Florida just got another WR commit, that’s gotta at least be a good sign for us.
Could also hurt. They need more than one receiver and the new commit could start recruiting Horton. QB, kicker and possibly RB is the only position that really works for IMO.

Bet he commits this weekend and is saving that OV for a massive recruiting weekend in the fall
He may end up signing eventually with UT, but not this soon.
UT and NPA need time to build a better association.

VN Store

Back