'22 TN WR Isaiah Horton (Miami commit)

His fellow Tennessee Select 7v7 teammate Isaiah Horton was going to officially visit but that has been pushed to the fall. Horton will be here on Sunday for an afternoon cookout that Heupel and company are hosting as they will be the last team he sees before the July dead period. At this point, we believe Horton will make a decision on his future sometime in the next six weeks. He hopes to do some individual workouts in late July with Georgia possibly being a place he works out
VQ

“I’ve already seen the campus. This was really for my mom, because that was her first time on campus,” Horton said after his trip to Tennessee earlier this month.

“I got to meet the new coaching staff. I enjoyed the new coaching staff. I enjoyed Coach Heupel. Coach Burns, I enjoyed him as well. I just enjoyed what they said, how he’s going to run the program this year, how he’s trying to change things around. He said the connection (between the former staff and the players) was kind of off, so with six months, him being here, the connection has been very good.

“And UT’s academics, this is one of their best years by far in UT history, so that stuck out to me real well. Coach Heupel just got here, and the team’s already adjusted well. As I was hanging out with the players later on that day, their connection seemed very good, and I was very comfortable with them, so I enjoyed it a lot.”

Horton said Heupel and Burns told him during his latest visit to Knoxville “how much of a priority I am” and “how they want me to get down to UT and change the program around.”

The visit convinced Horton that the Vols are moving in the right direction under Heupel, who was hired in late January to replace former coach Jeremy Pruitt.

“They have great things in store, especially for the offense,” Horton said earlier this month. “It’s an (uptempo) offense. Their tempo is very different. I’d say it was more so the players that caught my attention more than the coaches, because I enjoyed being with the coaches. But I was more so with the players, so I think that’s how they wanted me to play it out — hear it more from the players than from the coaches.”

Earlier this month, he said there was at least a chance he would take official visits to a few schools this fall before picking a school because he didn't "know if I'll be done with all my visits this summer." But he said he "should be committed by, like, end of July" if he's able to take the visits he wants "and everything falls in place."
-Callahan

“I enjoyed today’s visit,” Horton said. “I’ve actually enjoyed all of my visits to Tennessee. They’ve all been great. The coaching staff has been great and it feels like a good time every time I come down here.

“I have a great feel with these guys and a great bond with the coaching staff. I don’t feel like anything has been sugar coated and that it’s been real from the heart. That’s what I like and I appreciate that. I feel like I have that bond already and I’m not even on campus yet.”

“Tennessee is definitely high,” Horton said. “Nobody is leading, everybody is the same, but Tennessee is definitely high on my list.”

“Just seeing which school is the best fit for me. Seeing out of all the visits I took, which one did I really enjoy. If I ever left with any concern or doubt, then that wasn’t the right fit for me. But every time I left Tennessee, I left happy and that’s a good thing for me.”
b.mckee

He may end up signing eventually with UT, but not this soon.
UT and NPA need time to build a better association.
e

for the umteenth time there are no issues between UT and NPA. We just don’t F*** with Lyle Jones. While he ruined the relationship it all ended when he left. We just had Heup in town in front of every Mid TN has coaching staff. We had him featured in our qb simulator. The fact is this staff besides Burns on offense and Garner on defense have to learn how to recruit at a high level or they’ll be the next to be fired.

e

for the umteenth time there are no issues between UT and NPA. We just don’t F*** with Lyle Jones. While he ruined the relationship it all ended when he left. We just had Heup in town in front of every Mid TN has coaching staff. We had him featured in our qb simulator. The fact is this staff besides Burns on offense and Garner on defense have to learn how to recruit at a high level or they’ll be the next to be fired.
Have to learn? Seems they’re doing fine under the ridiculously difficult circumstances

e

Their concentration on fixing the train wreck is working through the portal. They seem to be pretty effective at this point.

I am concerned about the tone of this post. It sounds like if you do not work with NPA we are going to get you fired. Maybe someone should look into the tactics being used there.

e

for the umteenth time there are no issues between UT and NPA. We just don’t F*** with Lyle Jones. While he ruined the relationship it all ended when he left. We just had Heup in town in front of every Mid TN has coaching staff. We had him featured in our qb simulator. The fact is this staff besides Burns on offense and Garner on defense have to learn how to pay up at a high level or they’ll be the next to be fired.

Fyp

Their concentration on fixing the train wreck is working through the portal. They seem to be pretty effective at this point.

I am concerned about the tone of this post. It sounds like if you do not work with NPA we are going to get you fired. Maybe someone should look into the tactics being used there.
we just need an influx of speed. outside of a couple of DL and maybe secondary we were sloooow on D.

e

Ok boss man. My bads..😁

Reactions: Glitch
e

It's very clear just based on the players we're targeting and from where.

I hope everyone can read between the ridiculous lines of de1 and see the connection between Burns and Garner......Both spent time (playing and/or coaching) on the Plain$$$$$$$$ of Auburn.

And they both have big time recruiting experience. Garner might be the single handed best recruiter to influence a NC and it was here at UT.

And they both have big time recruiting experience. Garner might be the single handed best recruiter to influence a NC and it was here at UT.

We don’t win without Garner. He got TN Jamal Lewis, Deon Grant, and Cosey Coleman. I’m sure there were more big time players on the 98 team

VN Store

Back