'20 TN WR Holden Willis (USF commit)

If we miss on Malachi, Hardy and Beckwith...wonder if he gets a full ride offer?
doubt it. they would still have the option of using an unused spot in next year's class......i think we're past the point where we'd just take a kid to take a kid.

Looks like USF got a real good one! Can’t wait to see what he does, great opportunity to play for Coach Scott and the staff he’s assembled.

Congrats to Willis, really hoped it'd work out for him to be a Vol. I fully expect him to become a standout player for the Bulls.

I too was hoping he could end up at UT one way or the other, but fully understand taking the full offer. This is one of those situations where I can fully follow a career and hope he excels somewhere other than at UT.

Committed to USF and can't blame him at all
Good for him. At least he will not be playing against Tennessee. I would feel much if he signed with Tennessee. We missed on a good one. Hate to see a very good local player have to go somewhere else to play the game. Maybe we can get him as a transfer after his Jr. year.

Last edited:
Reactions: GojiraVol17
Great decision and I'm sure he'll love that S. FLA weather

Think this might be his mom on Coacht.

“Thanks! He’s been given a great opportunity to play for a championship winning OC who has assembled an unbelievable staff. Brought some from Clemson. Holden had developed relationships with them at Clemson camp back in 2018 but never saw this coming. His position coach Joey King played QB at Carson Newman & was Trevor Lawrence’s HC at Cartersville, GA and had been coaching at Coastal Carolina the last season or two. The new OC is Charlie Weiss JR. (Bama staff & with Kiffin at FAU). RBs coach is former two-time Heisman finalist QB Pat White-WVU. DL coach “Mo” is from Sevier County mid 90s and played for UNC. He has coached for almost 20 years with stops at Temple & FAU (with Kiffin) most recently. The list keeps going on! They are scheduled to have a $65M indoor/outdoor training facility completed by 2021. They have over 25,000 students at the main Tampa campus alone so it’s big. It’s the perfect fit for Holden and the offense they plan to run! Go Bulls!”

VN Store

Back