'20 TN WR Holden Willis (USF commit)

probably gonna have to offer him a scholarship if we want him.

Update: While Lake County starts preparing for Greenback, there has been some eyebrows in the SEC for this kid, Tanner Snyder, and Larry Tubbs. Ole Miss, Miss. State, LSU, Georgia, Texas AM. is starting to look at these three. From what I’m hearing, Georgia will have reps there to look at all three. Also, I’m hearing that each of these teams likes these kids in the following positions: Snyder at linebacker. Tubbs at running back, and Willis at TE. I’m hearing that Ole miss loves all three in a package deal. If I’m Tenn, I’d look at all three and see what I could do to land these guys somehow together. Don’t let no one tell you that all three can’t play in the SEC, because you’ll just be fooled. Coaches in the SEC knows how to evaluate talent, and some may not let these guys slip through their hands. Things from what I’m hearing, that all three could be getting a big star bump before long.

Thanks for the update.

A&M is likely not looking at any of these players, unless as backups to higher rated players they’re currently going after.

Lucky to beat South Pittsburg; (1 Point) with a little Home Cooking. Still, as a VFL, I'd love to see him in Orange and WHITE.

That was a great game. That SP team looked like a 6a team. I thought SP
had the best team. I was Watching GB's other D1 prospect Bailey. He got manhandled by a much smaller lineman from SP. The Willis Kid can play for Tenn. no question about it. If not for him GB is not even in that game.

That was a great game. That SP team looked like a 6a team. I thought SP
had the best team. I was Watching GB's other D1 prospect Bailey. He got manhandled by a much smaller lineman from SP. The Willis Kid can play for Tenn. no question about it. If not for him GB is not even in that game.
Why does our staff offer a WR from Cali (6’0” 160 lbs) for 20 class and we have this kid (6’4” 205 lbs) who they have not offered in our back yard? Both are 247 3⭐️??? I don’t get it! Willis also holds state record for receiving TDs at 28 and has the state championship game to go!

Reactions: T Dog and bullpen1
Why does our staff offer a WR from Cali (6’0” 160 lbs) for 20 class and we have this kid (6’4” 205 lbs) who they have not offered in our back yard? Both are 247 3⭐️??? I don’t get it! Willis also holds state record for receiving TDs at 28 and has the state championship game to go!
1A possibly?

A lot of bad 1a teams. Those two teams the other night could beat 95 percent of the 6A teams.
You may be right - I’ve not seen either team play myself and therefore have no opinion as to Willis’ ability at the P5 level. Rabid Vol was questioning why UT hadn’t offered yet based on his stats and I suggested that it may possibly be due to the level of competition he’s accumulated those stats against. I also think they’re trying to find quality guys to PWO with the promise of placing them on scholarship after the first season in an effort to get back to the 85 limit more quickly.

What do you think is the reason he’s not been offered?

I've heard he would jump at the chance to become a vol. Coaches probably know this and waiting to see how things play out. I really don't think its the competition because most prospects attend so many camps these days. The kid can play, has good hands, size , and decent speed. I hope they take him. I heard Mississippi State really wants him.

I've heard he would jump at the chance to become a vol. Coaches probably know this and waiting to see how things play out. I really don't think its the competition because most prospects attend so many camps these days. The kid can play, has good hands, size , and decent speed. I hope they take him. I heard Mississippi State really wants him.
Maybe they‘re waiting to see him in person this next game? They have a couple of weeks on their hands doing evals and offers. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: SweetasSoda
You may be right - I’ve not seen either team play myself and therefore have no opinion as to Willis’ ability at the P5 level. Rabid Vol was questioning why UT hadn’t offered yet based on his stats and I suggested that it may possibly be due to the level of competition he’s accumulated those stats against. I also think they’re trying to find quality guys to PWO with the promise of placing them on scholarship after the first season in an effort to get back to the 85 limit more quickly.

What do you think is the reason he’s not been offered?
Completely understand questioning the level of competition, however, I believe this kid excelled at rivals and Nike camps against top competition. He can’t control the competition he played against. I would not discount the PWO status but after seeing this kid perform against some top teams this year with his size and speed leaves me at a loss for not offering a full ride. He did well against Maryville in the Jamboree, Loudon, Meigs, South Pitt.

1A possibly?

Eddie Moore (South Pitt) 1A
Randall Cobb, Brandon Warren (Alcoa ) 2A
Eric Westmoreland (Marion Co) 2A
REGGIE WHITE (Chatt Howard) 2A

Guys...if you can ball, then you'll dominate regardless of comp.

This Willis kid, is doing all he can when touches the ball. IMO he'd put up the same numbers if he played at Catholic or Maryville.

He's a taller Josh Smith. Does anyone regret that scholarship??

Have to keep Calloway...
But I honestly would not be upset it Pruitt just flat gave him a scholly.

This is a guy u might take in the late signing period depending on how the dominoes fall in the early one.
You may be right. I expect his world will continue changing after this Friday as I expect him to have a great game against LC in the championship. Win or loose he’ll have an opportunity demonstrate one more time how talented he is! In a game I saw he came across on a 12 yard slant route and caught a bullet pass from the QB that was behind him with one hand, like catching a baseball in a glove, and never broke stride. I said then that is big time! It’s those type catches, his ability to break tackles, his yards per catch are in the 20s.

VN Store

Back