'20 TN WR Holden Willis (USF commit)

I told them this but in the eyes of many I'm against the kids because I'm speaking on business decisions. Why waste money when free money is available?

If you are referring to me,if it came across that is what I was saying,then I Apologize, didn't mean it like that, just was saying people have to take in account that there is more involved in these decisions then just fandom, it is a business and fiscally smart decision for all parties.

With DW picking the dugs yesterday, maybe now they can give HW a SO instead of the PWO. He obviously is not as talented, but kid wants to play for the Big Orange.

Obviously, no one here knows how the future will play out and how successful Holden will be on the field. But I can tell you that his parents are as good of people as anyone you’ll meet and he was raised right. He is a very talented athlete (just like his brother. Maybe even moreso) and will represent any team well. I have known the Willis’ for a long time and our kids have played ball with and against each other over the years. I would like to see him get a chance.

Obviously, no one here knows how the future will play out and how successful Holden will be on the field. But I can tell you that his parents are as good of people as anyone you’ll meet and he was raised right. He is a very talented athlete (just like his brother. Maybe even moreso) and will represent any team well. I have known the Willis’ for a long time and our kids have played ball with and against each other over the years. I would like to see him get a chance.
You’re right no one knows and that could be said about any kid no matter their rating. After seeing him play and how big he is in person, if he takes the PWO at UT I personally expect there will be several P5 schools that I hear are/have talked to him will be disappointed they didn’t recruit him harder. I too hope it works out for him and the Vols.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
I hope the best for this kid, my son finished second in the state behind him in the regular season with 1079 yds on 50 catches and 11 touchdowns.
He has plenty of d2/naia/d3 offers but would drop any of those for a shot to run through that T. He is also 6’3 198 and has great hands. Unfortunately we are 3A and only won 3 games this year.
I’m pulling hard for this kid to wear orange because he has a passion to be the best . Show us what you got kid , and good luck whoever you choose !

Almost 500 posts for a PWO
He's a Greenback kid those fans care about football just a little bit. You should go to one of their games, I don't know why they have a coach, they could easily be coached from the stands. Seriously though the kid is a good ball player but I'm afraid he hasn't seen near the talent he would see in practice every day. Plus I don't know how he could match up with the corners from Florida or Bama, but I wouldn't mind to see him get a chance.

He's a Greenback kid those fans care about football just a little bit. You should go to one of their games, I don't know why they have a coach, they could easily be coached from the stands. Seriously though the kid is a good ball player but I'm afraid he hasn't seen near the talent he would see in practice every day. Plus I don't know how he could match up with the corners from Florida or Bama, but I wouldn't mind to see him get a chance.
You’re right having not seen the talent, however, for him to be selected 1st team MP AA as one of two WR is phenomenal to say the least. Most of the kids on the list have P5 offers or have signed P5. Wonder what kind of competition Fleming played against?

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
Would love to see him at Tennessee but have thought about what I would advise my son...

If it is his dream to play major division 1 and for his home town school in UT and if financially they can make it happen as a family then take the opportunity... but a full ride to Tulane or the alike is no slouch and gives in an opportunity to play a lot and become a star and it is sensible financially then do it and don’t look back.

Would love to see him at Tennessee but have thought about what I would advise my son...

If it is his dream to play major division 1 and for his home town school in UT and if financially they can make it happen as a family then take the opportunity... but a full ride to Tulane or the alike is no slouch and gives in an opportunity to play a lot and become a star and it is sensible financially then do it and don’t look back.

The whole can you afford it thing, it's called student loans. Everyone besides athletes have to do it for the most part. Reason why I feel no sorrow for athletes that get a free ed, better care in regards to food/ therapy/ tutoring. In a business, the CEOs make more than the workers. No difference in sports.

The whole can you afford it thing, it's called student loans. Everyone besides athletes have to do it for the most part. Reason why I feel no sorrow for athletes that get a free ed, better care in regards to food/ therapy/ tutoring. In a business, the CEOs make more than the workers. No difference in sports.
Hey, HW..........Clarksville ain't far from home. Peay needs ya.:cool:

For those who might have forgotten... Heath Shuler and Carl Pickens came from 1A High Schools. If I'm not mistaken, App State has become a pretty good program by learning how to recruit the lower levels of HS football.

Reactions: MikeVol44
Personally, I hope the kid's family has the ability for him to PWO and the kid has the determination and drive to chase his dream and make it happen.

It's better to have chased the dream and fallen short than to not and have regret later in life...

IMO, it's not a waste to go after your dream(s).....

Reactions: Type Orange+

See this is what I'm talking about. Why incur debt of student loans to break your body up as a PWO? That make absolutely ZERO sense. Go get the Free money and still transfer later like the kid from Bowling Green did and left for Bama or the qb recently did going to UGA.

6’4 is a good height for a TE, and 4.66 is a very good 40 time for a TE....not quite following your thinking here.

Wouldn't the concern about him playing TE be his weight, 204, at 6'4"? He seems slow for a WR and thin for a TE. Of course, I am no expert in these matters. Suppose he could add thirty pounds.

Last edited:
See this is what I'm talking about. Why incur debt of student loans to break your body up as a PWO? That make absolutely ZERO sense. Go get the Free money and still transfer later like the kid from Bowling Green did and left for Bama or the qb recently did going to UGA.

What do you think his out of pocket cost would be for one semester at UT with Hope and other schollies? His and his family’s value systems might not match yours and the risk reward for taking a shot might be THE best way for them To go. Certainly not at ZERO on the sense meter.

Last edited:
What do you think his out of pocket cost would be for one semester at UT with Hope and other schollies? His and his family’s value systems might not match yours and the risk reward for taking a shot might be THE best way for them To go. Certainly not at ZERO.

Why do ppl keep saying 1 semester? There's nothing saying a PWO get a scholarship after 1 semester. Some of these kids go 2 or 3 years. He and his family I'm sure don't want to waste money when the kid can save the sacrificial lamb period and just go somewhere and be debt free. I don't think many of you commenting think clearly the purpose of football in hs is. To gain a FREE ride not PAY in hopes of a FREE ride if/when it comes. This train of thought is why our country is in a world of debt to China and its called waste and stupidity.

VN Store

Back