'20 TN WR Donta Hackler

I'm more amazed that this kid is getting looked at from CROCKETT than I am that he's getting looked at

I’m from Kingsport and overall the talent is terrible. Like beyond awful. There are only a hand full of kids that make it to this stage and actually produce. Probably only a couple every 10 years.

I’m from Kingsport and overall the talent is terrible. Like beyond awful. There are only a hand full of kids that make it to this stage and actually produce. Probably only a couple every 10 years.
I agree, just saying it does happen.

I'm from the tri cities as well and I agree with you.

Sullivan Co is like the 9th largest county in Tennessee but has like 6 high schools. Most of them are small schools which just forces them to play each other. DB is the exception that plays bigger schools. The rest are all small and so its just bad playing bad every week. Hopefully building the new school will consolidate what talent those county schools have and let them play bigger schools to actually play against better competition.

Sullivan Co is like the 9th largest county in Tennessee but has like 6 high schools. Most of them are small schools which just forces them to play each other. DB is the exception that plays bigger schools. The rest are all small and so its just bad playing bad every week. Hopefully building the new school will consolidate what talent those county schools have and let them play bigger schools to actually play against better competition.

Thanks to the city of Kingsport and their annexation

Thanks to the city of Kingsport and their annexation
I was county and annexed. You aren’t wrong to an extent. I went to a county school. However I can’t tell you how many people sent their kids including my classmates to DB even though they had not been annexed. If they thought their kids were even a decent athlete they sent them to DB. Also to put into perspective my father went to Sullivan Central and they went undefeated. Kids who now go to Sullivan South went to Central at that time. Once south was built that immediately took a 3rd if the student body or more. Kingsport annexing is a lot to blame however building too many schools close together split the student body up and let DB remain with two to three times the students and more talent. Where I live I was about 10 minutes from Central, South and DB.

I was county and annexed. You aren’t wrong to an extent. I went to a county school. However I can’t tell you how many people sent their kids including my classmates to DB even though they had not been annexed. If they thought their kids were even a decent athlete they sent them to DB. Also to put into perspective my father went to Sullivan Central and they went undefeated. Kids who now go to Sullivan South went to Central at that time. Once south was built that immediately took a 3rd if the student body or more. Kingsport annexing is a lot to blame however building too many schools close together split the student body up and let DB remain with two to three times the students and more talent. Where I live I was about 10 minutes from Central, South and DB.

Agree. I live in Colonial Heights and it's amazing what the city has annexed.

The location of the new school is a problem for some. Kids fron Bloomingdale and Sullivan Gardens driving on the interstate to get to school is an uncomfortable feeling

Reactions: Rishvol
Agree. I live in Colonial Heights and it's amazing what the city has annexed.

The location of the new school is a problem for some. Kids fron Bloomingdale and Sullivan Gardens driving on the interstate to get to school is an uncomfortable feeling
I’m on the other side of Warriors Path from you then. I would like to see fewer schools so the talent from the county could be pooled together but it is a big county area wise. You’re right though I do see the concerns.

Reactions: vols 30

VN Store

Back