'24 TN WR Amari Jefferson (Alabama commit)

What are you thinking here? Clearly a Vol or what
Landing him, Wingo, and Matthews would be massive. A friend of mine told me today that he knows some people from Georgia that thinks Matthews ends up a Vol. Not sure if that means Wingo ends up at Georgia, but landing Jefferson and either Matthews or Wingo plus Harrell would be a phenomenal WR haul

Landing him, Wingo, and Matthews would be massive. A friend of mine told me today that he knows some people from Georgia that thinks Matthews ends up a Vol. Not sure if that means Wingo ends up at Georgia, but landing Jefferson and either Matthews or Wingo plus Harrell would be a phenomenal WR haul
I keep forgetting about Harrell.

Think we take 4 wideouts since that room is looking kinda light

Currently committed to a school and naming his top 12 programs. Recruiting has gotten absolutely wild and out of hand the past 5 years.
I am struggling to understand how he is going to commit to another school for football and stay committed to the VOLS for baseball.

I am struggling to understand how he is going to commit to another school for football and stay committed to the VOLS for baseball.
He won’t. Don’t think he knows yet which sport is going to be his main pursuit, or even if one will take priority over another at first. That will play a big part in the final decision, as will mlb draft I presume.

No but substitute any other team besides us and the point remains the same? 🤷🏻‍♂️
He is no longer a baseball prospect for any school because the rules dictate that a football prospect can’t use a scholarship for another sport, because of dirty Bammers using the loophole to circumvent scholly limits years back.

He’s no longer committed to Tennessee by default. However we still have as good a chance as anyone else to get him for football, and have him walk on the baseball team.

He is no longer a baseball prospect for any school because the rules dictate that a football prospect can’t use a scholarship for another sport, because of dirty Bammers using the loophole to circumvent scholly limits years back.

He’s no longer committed to Tennessee by default. However we still have as good a chance as anyone else to get him for football, and have him walk on the baseball team.
If he chose to just play baseball he’d be a baseball prospect. The scholarship must count for football if he plays it as it’s the higher revenue sport.

Isn’t that what I said?
I think I agree with you in the sense that I wouldn’t consider him committed. That said, I think technically he can still be committed to Vol baseball. He’s being recruited for football but there’s no guarantee he ends up playing that. To question the strength of his commitment is perfectly valid. A commitment isn’t what it used to be. Just being devils advocate in saying he could be committed to Vol Baseball and just letting himself be recruited for football to see if it changes his priorities.

I think I agree with you in the sense that I wouldn’t consider him committed. That said, I think technically he can still be committed to Vol baseball. He’s being recruited for football but there’s no guarantee he ends up playing that. To question the strength of his commitment is perfectly valid. A commitment isn’t what it used to be. Just being devils advocate in saying he could be committed to Vol Baseball and just letting himself be recruited for football to see if it changes his priorities.
I’m not saying anything about his commitment. But in interviews I believe he’s made it pretty clear he’s going to play football. If that’s the case, it’s safe to assume his commitment to Vol baseball is rendered effectively meaningless.

No I never criticize these kids’ decisions, that’s not what I was getting at.

I’m not saying anything about his commitment. But in interviews I believe he’s made it pretty clear he’s going to play football. If that’s the case, it’s safe to assume his commitment to Vol baseball is rendered effectively meaningless.

No I never criticize these kids’ decisions, that’s not what I was getting at.
I didn’t realize he was set on playing football

VN Store

Back