'21 TN WR Adonai Mitchell (Georgia commit)

Had nothing to do with Kiffin. He's going to do well there. Better offers cm in and the kid had second thoughts. This is why i said those Busch league articles on Rivals or 247 sites need to stop being reposted as gospel. They wanted to rush the kid to enroll and come now he wanted to wait. A better option opened up and he took it. The Texas offer was also big as we moved him here from TX. These sites make rumors to do damage control which is not cool, especially with the injury rumor bull💩.
96th rated class.

Kiffin gonna kill it in recruiting...or kill their recruiting. Those get mixed up sometimes.

Also ppl don't realize it but the flag issue is weighing BIG on the state of recruiting for the entire state of Mississippi including JACOB. Kids and parents are very concerned about racism right now and all the sons of confederacy and buying billboards, protesting etc

96th rated class.
I mean can the man get in and get a true class damn @butchna I think you're a little ahead of yourself my friend. He hasn't coached one game and had much on campus anything. Kinda like idiots saying CJP wasn't doing anything when he was fresh on the yard here. Its a joke to laugh now considering the lack thereof for anyone just taking a job.

Also ppl don't realize it but the flag issue is weighing BIG on the state of recruiting for the entire state of Mississippi including JACOB. Kids and parents are very concerned about racism right now and all the sons of confederacy and buying billboards, protesting etc
Had top 5 classes with it front and center and didn’t really suffer when it was on their uniforms. Now they’re removing it and their rankings drop? Kiffin’s always recruited well at programs like USC, UT and Bama. Don’t know how “fine” he’s going to end up in Oxford.

I mean can the man get in and get a true class damn @butchna I think you're a little ahead of yourself my friend. He hasn't coached one game and had much on campus anything. Kinda like idiots saying CJP wasn't doing anything when he was fresh on the yard here. Its a joke to laugh now considering the lack thereof for anyone just taking a job.
Hey, Pruitt had to bring a 61’st ranked class up to 20 in about a month PART TIME whilst helping the team he was departing win a NC...all before coaching his first game. So I can see the comparison. 😉

Hey, Pruitt had to bring a 61’st ranked class up to 20 in about a month PART TIME whilst helping the team he was departing win a NC...all before coaching his first game. So I can see the comparison. 😉

Yeah and Pruitt didn't have covid-19 to fight against either. Again we can agree to disagree but you know the truth.

As far as the flag goes, we know this world works in trends. I agree that the flag has been the flag and all that but now that its in the media ppl have become very sensational and ghey about it. But having the sons of confederacy hv a rally/March on campus more than once will never help your case in recruiting

My intuition is that Kiffin’s sleezy style of recruiting doesn’t translate very well to our current environment without campus visits.

Not only Kiffin but the Ole Miss culture of recruiting too. Hell its hurting everyone across the country in some capacity.

Yeah and Pruitt didn't have covid-19 to fight against either. Again we can agree to disagree but you know the truth.

As far as the flag goes, we know this world works in trends. I agree that the flag has been the flag and all that but now that its in the media ppl have become very sensational and ghey about it. But having the sons of confederacy hv a rally/March on campus more than once will never help your case in recruiting
Finished 34th...previous class 22nd. This was February, before Covid or the current civil rights protests shut anything down. Matt Luke had a pretty decent class set up...truth.

When did Kiffin have to deal with CoVid while Pruitt didn’t? The 2020 signing class was signed before CoVid had any impact on football. As for the 2021 signing class, Pruitt/Kiffin are dealing with the same visit restrictions.

The Confederate flag thing? Ole Miss athletics has been dealing with that mess for at least 20 years, including the time Freeze had a top ranked recruiting class. It’s a problem, but good recruiting and PR from athletics can overcome it.

Try getting off Kiffin’s nutsack for a change. I think you’ll like the view better if you do.

Last edited:
We took Jimmy Calloway from Georgia just last year. Fair is fair.

Congratulations to the kid. Bigtime offer!

Hope he does well. But goes 0-4 against UT.

Not sure about this kid's back story but props to @de1conley for guiding these kids.

Finished 34th...previous class 22nd. This was February, before Covid or the current civil rights protests shut anything down. Matt Luke had a pretty decent class set up...truth.

@butchna and Matt Luke's class was his class and guys were coming for him and departed because he was fired we see this all the time. A coach is fired and kids decommit and go elsewhere. And with Kiffin he'll cut and drop who he doesn't want or who doesn't fit his liking for what he does. He has hit a snafu with this Covid-19 and the issue with the flag stuff. I bet you once the smoke clears he'll do as he always does. He's never had an issue recruiting and definitely won't once things are back to normal. With Ole Miss on campus recruiting is big for them.

When did Kiffin have to deal with CoVid while Pruitt didn’t? The 2020 signing class was signed before CoVid had any impact on football. As for the 2021 signing class, Pruitt/Kiffin are dealing with the same visit restrictions.

The Confederate flag thing? Ole Miss athletics has been dealing with that mess for at least 20 years, including the time Freeze had a top ranked recruiting class. It’s a problem, but good recruiting and PR from athletics can overcome it.

Try getting off Kiffin’s nutsack for a change. I think you’ll like the view better if you do.

Really not entertaining you wanting to be ignorant. I know the facts and for you to ask when about covid and all that shows how silly you're being. This is the man's 1st recruiting class and he has 2 major obstacles that CJP never had in his first class. To even try and compare is just blatantly dumb.

On the flag issue you're also super ignorant if you believe that the way the protest is going now. BLM or the liberals and feminist movement who runs it has that protest so bad the SEC was threatening to kick the entire state out of the conference over the issues with the Mississippi state flag and also Ole Miss team name of Rebels and their mascot.Miss me with your still being upset of Kiffin leaving UT because that's personal for you and dumb as hell. Due to George Floyd the rebel flag and the issues with systematic racism is as big of a problem as it was ever except during maybe civil rights. If you disagree with that being a major obstacle then we have absolutely nothing else to talk about because you're being a deliberate idiot.

@butchna and Matt Luke's class was his class and guys were coming for him and departed because he was fired we see this all the time. A coach is fired and kids decommit and go elsewhere. And with Kiffin he'll cut and drop who he doesn't want or who doesn't fit his liking for what he does. He has hit a snafu with this Covid-19 and the issue with the flag stuff. I bet you once the smoke clears he'll do as he always does. He's never had an issue recruiting and definitely won't once things are back to normal. With Ole Miss on campus recruiting is big for them.

Yeah, on campus recruiting at OM is also at times referred to as the vagina affect recruiting.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
I know how it works and one of the most important bullet points of a new hire is what he does to salvage the class he inherited. We’ve been able to witness that with each of ours and they’ve been criticized for much better results than Kiffin’s. Dooley salvaged Kiffin’s VERY late departure, Butch improved what Dooley left him and Pruitt’s been discussed. I wasn’t anticipating a miracle top 10 close for your boy, but he swung big (like Pruitt), but didn’t choke up on the bat and get on base (unlike Pruitt). And now he’s plunging. Admittedly he has excuses but everybody can do those. He has a recruiting reputation that’s getting scathed without a big boy program backing him. As another poster stated, it’s proven you can recruit in Oxford with the same set of facts. He’s going the wrong direction.

Really not entertaining you wanting to be ignorant. I know the facts and for you to ask when about covid and all that shows how silly you're being. This is the man's 1st recruiting class and he has 2 major obstacles that CJP never had in his first class. To even try and compare is just blatantly dumb.

On the flag issue you're also super ignorant if you believe that the way the protest is going now. BLM or the liberals and feminist movement who runs it has that protest so bad the SEC was threatening to kick the entire state out of the conference over the issues with the Mississippi state flag and also Ole Miss team name of Rebels and their mascot.Miss me with your still being upset of Kiffin leaving UT because that's personal for you and dumb as hell. Due to George Floyd the rebel flag and the issues with systematic racism is as big of a problem as it was ever except during maybe civil rights. If you disagree with that being a major obstacle then we have absolutely nothing else to talk about because you're being a deliberate idiot.
This is not the man’s 1st recruiting class as a HC. He’s headed two major programs previously, and at USC he inherited the recruiting sanctions from Carroll. He did better when he was younger and hungrier AND backed by tradition. It’s what you do when all things aren’t equal that defines what you are. The state flag wasn’t an issue when he didn’t salvage Luke’s class and he seems 3 steps behind every other HC (ceptin Mason) in rolling with the punches this class. What he’s delivering isn’t anywhere close to what Vol fans were pining for whilst pining for him to be hired. And someone that has a point countering yours isn’t automatically an “idiot”...that’s lazy debating.

VN Store

Back