TN vs Indiana Odds (Pk em)

Hmm the app I use for my betting doesn’t even have the game yet. It has almost every other bowl but is missing the 3 that were in the confusion(UT, UK, and MSU). There may be others not listed but with so many bowl games it’s hard to know unless I’d compare the list of games the have to all the bowl matchups.

Reactions: RollerVol
Per 247 Sports

Tennessee ended the regular season with five straight wins. Las Vegas isn't sure if that winning streak will continue in the Taxslayer Gator Bowl.
Tennessee (7-5, 5-3) and Indiana (8-4, 5-4) opened as pick'em for the Jan. 2 game (7 p.m. Eastern Time, ESPN) at TIAA Bank Stadium in Jacksonville, with the over/under at 51.5 according to Circa Sports at the Golden Gate Hotel in Las Vegas.
The two programs have met just once on the football field, with Tennessee winning 27-22 in the Peach Bowl in Atlanta on Jan. 2, 1988.

Reactions: RollerVol
Per 247 Sports

Tennessee ended the regular season with five straight wins. Las Vegas isn't sure if that winning streak will continue in the Taxslayer Gator Bowl.
Tennessee (7-5, 5-3) and Indiana (8-4, 5-4) opened as pick'em for the Jan. 2 game (7 p.m. Eastern Time, ESPN) at TIAA Bank Stadium in Jacksonville, with the over/under at 51.5 according to Circa Sports at the Golden Gate Hotel in Las Vegas.
The two programs have met just once on the football field, with Tennessee winning 27-22 in the Peach Bowl in Atlanta on Jan. 2, 1988.
I’ll take over/under 51.5 for a thousand Alex.

You'll take the Over-Under 51.5? What does that mean? Stipulate please.
It means take the over AND the under. Can’t lose!
giphy.gif

Give Chaney and Pruitt multiple weeks to prepare for an opponent and I expect them to have a strong game plan for exposing some weaknesses. I see us winning something like 34-17. If this were played in the flow of the regular season I think it would be a lot closer but we have the better coaching staff and they are getting plenty of time to prepare.

wouldn't doubt one of the teams to finally go -1 or -2...Vegas really doesn't like even that much...:D

PS. Indiana will be a tough game...;)

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE HOOSIERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: TC 83
Give Chaney and Pruitt multiple weeks to prepare for an opponent and I expect them to have a strong game plan for exposing some weaknesses. I see us winning something like 34-17. If this were played in the flow of the regular season I think it would be a lot closer but we have the better coaching staff and they are getting plenty of time to prepare.

Hate to throw a wet blanket on your statement, but they had a looong time to get ready for the first two game of this season. Granted, they had no tract record to work from like they will have for this bowl game. But,,,,

wouldn't doubt one of the teams to finally go -1 or -2...Vegas really doesn't like even that much...:D

PS. Indiana will be a tough game...;)

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE HOOSIERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All our games this year have been tough games. That is, save two. You decide which two I am thinking about.

$h!t, if Butch can stomp the big10 in bowl games, Pruitt should light em up. Oh wait, er, he had Dobbs. 🤦
In all seriousness, I don't expect them to score over 20 on us. JG averages 24pts a game. Therefore my prediction, 24-20 Vols. If he has a good day, 28-20.

On our last few bowl games we had Dobbs that was unstoppable in those games. Would be awesome if our pass and run game are both clicking in this upcoming bowl game so we can dominate this one.
Yup, and Hurd, who was a beast. Except for the mcb. Still mad how Butch handled that. I loved Hurd.

$h!t, if Butch can stomp the big10 in bowl games, Pruitt should light em up. Oh wait, er, he had Dobbs. 🤦
In all seriousness, I don't expect them to score over 20 on us. JG averages 24pts a game. Therefore my prediction, 24-20 Vols. If he has a good day, 28-20.
So far we are all in agreement that under is the way to bet. I also bet someone will be here soon to disagree with us LOL.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Hate to throw a wet blanket on your statement, but they had a looong time to get ready for the first two game of this season. Granted, they had no tract record to work from like they will have for this bowl game. But,,,,
Nobody truly knows what they have at the start of the season. Bowl Season is completely different than the first game of the season. You know what you have and you know what works and doesn’t work. Look at the first half of the UGA game and the Missouri game. I don’t think it’s any surprise that we played well against those teams coming off bye weeks. And that was against SEC competition. Indiana is no better than Missouri, in fact, I think they are worse because an 8 win Big 10 team would probably be a 5 or 6 win team in the SEC at best. This may be a close game for a half but our defense will wear on them as the game goes on and I see us pulling away in the second half.

VN Store

Back