'21 TN TE Hudson Wolfe (Ole Miss commit)

That game was one of the best UT moments that I’m old enough to remember

Yeah it's strange why an elite TE would strongly consider OSU if he was looking to build a NFL draft resume. I mean TN hasn't put a ton of TEs in the NFL either, but our record there is better than OSU and he's a home kid.
Well they do have a Q.B. That can complete a 10 yard slant pass. I forgot he will be in the NFL before Next season.

Reactions: Carp
Lmao good to know sorry for the delayed response been bk in the shop and the rush has been unreal. 12-14 hour days and momma is happy the moolah is back rolling in.
Glad you're back up and running. Hope you stay busy and make back that money you've missed out on over the last couple of months.

Article up on OSU Rivals site...

Hudson Wolfe, the top-ranked tight end in the 2021 class according to Rivals has narrowed down his list of schools to five and also has a tentative date set for his commitment announcement. If you're not signed up with BuckeyeGrove now is the time to get the scoop on everything Buckeyes.

"I'm closer than I've ever been to a commitment. I'm looking at in the next couple of weeks, trying to set myself up for a date, about June 13th that Saturday, the middle of June," Said Wolfe. He clarified that the 13th isn't a precise date but a ballpark estimate of when he plans to announce. He also has a top-ten that he shared with BuckeyeGrove "My top -five is Ohio State, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, and Ole Miss," said Wolfe.

When asked which staff he has the longest relationship with he gave a pensive sigh before naming Tennessee and Ohio State. "Probably, either the Tennessee staff or the Ohio State staff," said Wolfe. He broke down what he liked about both Ohio State and Tennessee. "I was there (at Ohio State) in those four years the probability of winning a national championship I think it's high. I think we're going to be very very good. From a development standpoint, I think they're top-notch and could boost me to that next level," said Wolfe.

Kevin Wilson has been the point man for the Buckeyes in the four-star from Savannah, Tennessee's recruitment. Wolfe detailed Wilson's plan for him in the offense. "He wants me to come in (with) Sam Hart and be the guys and you know help him win the national championship. I think they have a very good offense. You know, tight end utilization maybe a little down in the past couple of years but with the personnel that they're trying to get in there and make it even better and start using them more as playmakers," said Wolfe.

The Vols can't be dismissed as a major threat to Ohio State. Wolfe is from Tennessee and the home-state school has prioritized him as a top target in their 2021 class. "From a personal standpoint, like personality-wise, I think (Tennessee's) staff is top-notch, one of my favorites. I think that with the current recruiting class they're putting together this year they're gonna be, you know, maybe in that SEC championship game. Playing in the SEC is a big part and I think that they're gonna be up there," Said Wolfe.

Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt has taken a hands-on approach to recruit Wolfe in a coordinated effort with offensive line coach Will Friend. "Coach Pruitt does it a lot himself and then Will Friend. He wants me to come in and be the guy from day one and build my skill-set in the passing game and the run game. You know, blocking and then receiving to help them to get where they need to be," said Wolfe.

Dave's Deliberations:
Alabama and Georgia didn't come up in the flow of our conversation. I don't think either of those schools will get a commitment from him in June. Ohio State and Tennessee have the long term relationship advantage but it appears Ole Miss has come on strong since Lane Kiffin took over. I put my pick in for Wolfe to OSU back on May, 13 based solely on industry sources. After speaking with Wolfe first hand I'm starting to question that pick. If he is leaning toward Ohio State he did a great job of keeping his cards close to the vest during our conversation and I respect that. That being said, a good poker player hides his hole card in an expert manner. His announcement in roughly two weeks should have the industry and fans alike on edge.

- Dave Lackford, OSU Rivals

Sounds like good news for the Vols.

That was the rumor. I think it’s more likely he realized Butch was a liar and was shi**y to his players.
No, the rumor was true. He homeschooled his whole life and was crazy sheltered. Locker room atmosphere freaked him out.

No, the rumor was true. He homeschooled his whole life and was crazy sheltered. Locker room atmosphere freaked him out.

This is true. Very sheltered but Butch made him (not sure if Helm did it or just quit then) stand in front of the team and say Im a Pus-y multiple times.

Reactions: Joe Dirt

VN Store

Back