‘23 TN SDE Trevor Duncan (Tennessee commit)

Yup my biggest hope is they aren't just getting rated or offers because of their huge size. That's one of the big points of skepticism with guys of huge measurables and research has shown why skepticism is warranted...the oversized guys tend to just dominate HS ball with sheer size...but ofc we know that won't cut it in college.

Not saying that of this kid, just the general skepticism with huge guys. Reminds me of the OL Pruitt recruited. He was 380 or some nonsense and people were loving it...when he was at least 50 lbs over his ideal weight and he was just bullying HS kids. Don't think that one ended up here though.
Reggie White was pretty big in high school.

Well yes lol. Plenty of superstuds were. The huuuge guys that also have 5* agility, quickness, iq, etc...by all means...all day. They are just so rare...not many of those guys.

I'm talking the huge guys that are also not crazy sought after for their abilities...maybe a one sport kinda guy too. It's been shown more optimal to take the guys with those abilities already...multisport athletes...and the necessary frame to build on...get them in a D1 weight program and add good weight. (As opposed to) huge guys that dominated off of sheer size and need to add those traits...while shedding significant weight which really isn't what D1 S&C programs are best suited for.

*again, not talking about this recruit, just huge guys in general and what the research says*

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I officiated the Catholic vs. Lipscomb Academy game last year and remember Duncan being extremely vocal with his teammates on the field. His size definitely stands out in high school and he played with a mean streak that straddled the line of over the top at some points. Ala Cade Mays at Catholic.

I officiated the Catholic vs. Lipscomb Academy game last year and remember Duncan being extremely vocal with his teammates on the field. His size definitely stands out in high school and he played with a mean streak that straddled the line of over the top at some points. Ala Cade Mays at Catholic.
That’s what we need. Leaders with a nasty attitude on the field.

Yup my biggest hope is they aren't just getting rated or offers because of their huge size. That's one of the big points of skepticism with guys of huge measurables and research has shown why skepticism is warranted...the oversized guys tend to just dominate HS ball with sheer size...but ofc we know that won't cut it in college.

Not saying that of this kid, just the general skepticism with huge guys. Reminds me of the OL Pruitt recruited. He was 380 or some nonsense and people were loving it...when he was at least 50 lbs over his ideal weight and he was just bullying HS kids. Don't think that one ended up here though.
Have you expressed your concerns to Coach Hype and Garner?

Reggie was a LB and weighed about 235-240 when he arrived at Tennessee. The first year he he played against Georgia in Athens, we arranged for the team to work out at Berkmar High School on Friday early afternoon. I t was a lot of fun to have them at my son's school.

For his size, he looks pretty agile. Looks 'violent' on the hudl "Last Half of Jr Season". He seems to like contact, he crushes a pulling lineman at the 40 sec mark... If defense doesn't work out he might make a good OT...

I don’t think I’ve ever watched a more blue collar, dirty work set of HUDL highlights than this one. Play after play of him crashing in from the DE spot to stuff an inside zone run. Guys like this aren’t flashy, but you absolutely need them to have a good defense. That seems to mirror his “no drama” social media presence. Should be a great culture guy as well. Boom!

109B77C4-3938-4B26-83F8-FEA9960931A3.gif

I don’t think I’ve ever watched a more blue collar, dirty work set of HUDL highlights than this one. Play after play of him crashing in from the DE spot to stuff an inside zone run. Guys like this aren’t flashy, but you absolutely need them to have a good defense. That seems to mirror his “no drama” social media presence. Should be a great culture guy as well. Boom!

View attachment 447803
40 sec mark he crushes a pulling OL, #65. Dude did not get up... 😬

VN Store

Back