‘23 TN SDE Nathan Robinson (Tennessee commit)

AgonizingBrilliantFoxhound-max-1mb.gif
tenor.gif

Which Nate Robinson are we getting?

The Class of 2023 defensive end/linebacker from Greenbrier (Tenn.) High School said his first trip to Knoxville on April 24 made a good impression on him, and he’s already planning to return next month for one of Tennessee’s camps.

“It was awesome,” Robinson said. “I mean, you hear how big football is on that campus and that is stadium is, and then you go there and it’s like, ‘Whoa.’ It was awesome.”

The 6-foot-5, 245-pound Robinson said he was particularly impressed by “seeing how many people showed up for a spring game through everything going on.” Thousands of fans still were in attendance for Tennessee’s spring game amis the COVID-19 pandemic despite forecasted rain that impacted the Knoxville area earlier in the day and threatened to put a damper on the scrimmage.

“Still seeing that many people there was pretty crazy,” he said.

While Robinson is expected to play defense in college, he said he couldn’t help but notice how effective Tennessee’s offense was during the Vols’ spring game. The two teams combined for 79 points.

“They put up a lot of points — a lot,” he said. “It definitely makes my job defensively easier if they’re putting up a lot of points.”

He’s hoping to get an even better feel for Tennessee sometime next month. He said the Vols recently reached out to his coach and expressed interest in hosting him for one of their camps, and he’s planning to make it back to Knoxville.

“They’ve called my coach about camp, so I’ll probably be up there for that one,” Robinson said, adding that he has yet to schedule an exact date for the trip.
-Callahan

— Class of 2023 defensive lineman Nathan Robinson of Greenbrier (Tenn.) High School also generated plenty of buzz with his performance Friday night. Tennessee gave the 6-foot-5, 243-pound Robinson his first SEC scholarship offer in April, and he added an offer from Vanderbilt on Tuesday. He primarily has played linebacker in high school to this point, but he projects as a likely defensive lineman and worked on the defensive line throughout the camp. Robinson showed good athleticism and received plenty of attention from the Vols' coaches both during and after the camp.
-Callahan

Very Athletic young man

Attachments

• 0B1A0414.jpg
    0B1A0414.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 51
  • 0B1A0954.jpg
    0B1A0954.jpg
    672.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 0B1A1336.jpg
    0B1A1336.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 0B1A4575.jpg
    0B1A4575.jpg
    888.1 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: T Dog
While he's still in the early stages of his recruitment, he admitted to GoVols247 last month that he already expected Tennessee to be in the running until he’s “down to the final schools.” After participating in the Vols' camp last month, he spoke highly of the experience of working out inside Tennessee’s Neyland Stadium.

“I mean, this is incredible,” Robinson said after the camp. “There’s not even fans in it, and it’s still pretty awesome. And the facilities were incredible. Camp-wise, I got a lot out of it.”
Robinson, who added five Power Five offers last month, said last month that he liked what he had seen and heard from Tennessee, and he was encouraged by the direction of the Vols’ program under Heupel.

“They want to win,” Robinson said at the time. “They’re definitely dedicated to that. They definitely want to keep people from Tennessee in Tennessee. I mean, they’re all about the culture and getting relationships first, and then football. It was awesome.”

Robinson primarily has played linebacker at Greenbrier, but he said he believes he’s likely to play on the defensive line in college. Tennessee worked him on the defensive line during last month's camp.

The opportunity to stay in-state is just one of the reasons he said he was expecting to strongly consider the Vols throughout his recruitment.

“It’s in-state and they’re all about that,” he said. “It’s a very obvious culture change, so they’re probably going to be down to the final schools, if not the final school.”
-Callahan

What does he play on offense?
yes tight end & he has good hands, caught a quick 2 point attempt. Nathan had a good night with multiple tackles for a loss, he started the game with the first 2 plays of the game with tackles for a loss. Talked with him a little on the sidelines after the game, he really likes Heupel and likes the team atmosphere.

Reactions: volnut1
I have covered Greenbrier a couple games as of late. Nathan is being used more in the passing & running game, but is unstoppable on defense. The game last week I walked over to the opposing teams side lines and people were shouting just stop #19 for getting in the backfield. Its noting to see him in the back field on back to back plays.

Attachments

• #19 Nathan Robinson 2.jpeg
    #19 Nathan Robinson 2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 46
  • #19 Nathan Robinson 4.jpeg
    #19 Nathan Robinson 4.jpeg
    379.2 KB · Views: 53
  • #19 Nathan Robinson.jpeg
    #19 Nathan Robinson.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:

VN Store