'20 TN SDE Derrell Bailey Jr (VT commit)

There's got to be something about this kids game that our staff thinks is lacking. One thing you can say is we haven't been shy about handing out offers to kids all over North America. And here this kid is in our own relative back yard, and were still not offering.

Kind of interesting to me that uscjr offered but we haven't. From what I understand, we run the same, or similar defenses. That said, I definitely trust this staffs ability to judge defensive talent. I just hope they're right and he doesn't blow up this year, because I can see the all too familiar lately story playing out where we decide to pursue a kid but he's salty because we didn't offer soon enough. :rolleyes:

There's got to be something about this kids game that our staff thinks is lacking. One thing you can say is we haven't been shy about handing out offers to kids all over North America. And here this kid is in our own relative back yard, and were still not offering.

Kind of interesting to me that uscjr offered but we haven't. From what I understand, we run the same, or similar defenses. That said, I definitely trust this staffs ability to judge defensive talent. I just hope they're right and he doesn't blow up this year, because I can see the all too familiar lately story playing out where we decide to pursue a kid but he's salty because we didn't offer soon enough. :rolleyes:
1A football is truly horrible. They may just be waiting for him to camp before they offer

Reactions: Mccage and Catbone

What was the WR's name from last cycle, who was from SC and rumored to only have gotten an offer from us to pressure SC into allowing that kid to eat up a spot in their class last cycle? Could be a similar scenario.. not saying it is. Just some similarities

1A football is truly horrible. They may just be waiting for him to camp before they offer
I get your comment about 1A football, however, this young man has power 5 talent, size, etc. Looking at some of the kids that have been offered, I’m scratching my head on why vol staff hasn’t offered DB?

VQ podcast mentioned him. Said people aren't sure where he will play. More of a depth guy that could develop and TN is looking for more instant impact guys. Also said some of the offers are put out there to put pressure on TN.

VQ podcast mentioned him. Said people aren't sure where he will play. More of a depth guy that could develop and TN is looking for more instant impact guys. Also said some of the offers are put out there to put pressure on TN.
As in the players through out bogus reports of offers?

I guess his family likes Greenback. Its just odd to me with Maryville and Alcoa so close why he wouldn’t try his luck there? I guess he is getting plenty of college attention where he is though.

I guess his family likes Greenback. Its just odd to me with Maryville and Alcoa so close why he wouldn’t try his luck there? I guess he is getting plenty of college attention where he is though.
I get it, tho. Especially, if he grew up there and played his whole life there. Not every high school football player treats recruiting and high school football like a business decision. Probably should, if they are looking out for number one. Still, like u said, if u are good enough they will find u.

There's a couple of 1a teams that can play with most anyone. Greenback happens to be one. Most 1a teams are bad!

Greenback would mercy rule a lot of 4a and 5a schools,even some 6a schools.
The school I went to is a 1a school now and played Greenback tough twice last year. No doubt they would beat a lot of the bigger schools.

lets just say Greenback recruits too............

VN Store

Back