'25 TN S Carson Lawrence

This kid is still growing.
6'3" 193
Safety
Runs a 4.5
33" arms
Will be a 4 Star
TAKE

You could easily tell he is super athletic. However, the games I saw, he seemed out of position a decent amount or was either confused or just reactionary. Was he playing out of position a lot or was he just trying to do too much and be a play maker?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Nah Vandy’s been recruiting him hard since 8th grade. He’s not just going to flip but he is hearing others out it seems. Good player that is BIG now
Vandy is such a $h!t$show that no one with other viable SEC offers should go there. The university leadership and (enough of the) alumni simply do not value a winning football program. They have the resources -- they just choose not to allocate resources towards winning.

I like Barton and Coach Lea seems like a good man--but Vandy cannot get its stuff together.

I know people act like they want to go there for the "education". If you want to get a great education -- that is great-- but if you are playing football--it sucks to play on a team that loses 8 or 9 games a season. There are places to that win have great football and are highly rated academically. CLaw has played in a winning culture. Hopefully he will see winning as important.

I hope UT makes a real run at CLaw.
He is not a late bloomer. He is a late discovery. He has been a freak since he was a freshman. If he went to a school with less talent--he may have gotten more attention earlier.

BTW--NO WAY is he a LB. I know he is big -- he is a S or a WR.
He is quick and fast-- very long.

He has great hands and ball skills. Great range.

He is one of those new generation Safeties. Those guys that play "Defense" --all three Safety roles--including the old strong safety OLB type.

You could easily tell he is super athletic. However, the games I saw, he seemed out of position a decent amount or was either confused or just reactionary. Was he playing out of position a lot or was he just trying to do too much and be a play maker?

I am not sure. I am sure he missed some assignments. I am sure that will improve with experience and maturity.

Vandy is such a $h!t$show that no one with other viable SEC offers should go there. The university leadership and (enough of the) alumni simply do not value a winning football program. They have the resources -- they just choose not to allocate resources towards winning.

I like Barton and Coach Lea seems like a good man--but Vandy cannot get its stuff together.

I know people act like they want to go there for the "education". If you want to get a great education -- that is great-- but if you are playing football--it sucks to play on a team that loses 8 or 9 games a season. There are places to that win have great football and are highly rated academically. CLaw has played in a winning culture. Hopefully he will see winning as important.

He is not a late bloomer. He is a late discovery. He has been a freak since he was a freshman. If he went to a school with less talent--he may have gotten more attention earlier.

He is one of those new generation Safeties. Those guys that play "Defense" --all three Safety roles--including the old strong safety OLB type.
Sounds like a rangy athlete that can run from SIDELINE to SIDELINE 😳!!🙌🙌🙌

I agree with what you said. Obviously Lea isn’t perfect but a lot of it is not his fault for the reasons you mentioned imo

Reactions: Vols_In_Cambridge
I agree with what you said. Obviously Lea isn’t perfect but a lot of it is not his fault for the reasons you mentioned imo
My cousin plays for Vandy. Lea is a good coach and word is that they are really putting an emphasis on athletics. Proof will be in the pudding though. They have 2 times the money as any other SEC school and if they get it together, they would be a force.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
My cousin plays for Vandy. Lea is a good coach and word is that they are really putting an emphasis on athletics. Proof will be in the pudding though. They have 2 times the money as any other SEC school and if they get it together, they would be a force.
U Serious Clark GIFs | Tenor

Are there any schools that find their athletics with their endowment funds!
You don’t have to find with endowment. The current giving has to be influenced to go to athletics. There has never been a culture of athletics there so it’s a tall task but if they ever got an influencer to do it, they could be a major force. Especially in the era of NIL.

VN Store

Back