'20 TN RB Tee Hodge (UT SIGNEE)

I think this is our other RB we take.
giphy.gif

That makes them idiots too then. Unreal how quickly you guys make up your minds about a kid based on so little evidence. He posts good numbers in the summer and suddenly everyone right back in the wagon. It’s why kids make the choices that benefit themselves. Fans are too ****ing fickle.

Of course, fans aren't the ones making decisions, so it doesn't really matter what we think.

Sure. Fans have no influence on a commits decision.

Nice job changing your point. You were upset because some fans change their minds about players too quickly to suit you and now you have completely changed topics. Impressive trolling, I must say.

“They want me to give me the opportunity to stay home and earn a spot,” Hodge said on Wednesday. But the list of competition Tennessee, and any other school, faces for Hodge keeps growing. The 6-foot-2, 225-pound Hodge, out of Maryville (Tenn.) High School, was offered by Ole Miss earlier this month, just a couple days removed from attending a Florida State junior day. Purdue is staying in constant contact and a Penn State offer came last month. He went to junior days at both Alabama and Tennessee in January and has taken unofficial visits to both schools.

He’ll be back at Alabama in June for a camp. “I got an official invite from Alabama to their camp in the mail, had a little flier with my name on the letter inviting me to their camp,” Hodge said. “I had been down there previously for a visit. They said they like my size, but Coach (Nick) Saban hasn’t seen me play. So they want to me to come to camp down there.” Along with Purdue, Hodge is hearing more and more from Florida State and Auburn recently, with a trip to Auburn possibly happening in June. He could be headed to Georgia Tech for a visit soon, too, after the Yellow Jackets offered in March.

From Tennessee’s staff, Hodge said he usually hears from running backs coach David Johnson or quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke. “I like what they have going on,” Hodge said of the Vols. “The new staff, the offense is running good. I’m excited to see what they do this year. I feel at home there, obviously, with it being down the street. Love the atmosphere.”

With Purdue, it’s been a different conversation than other schools. “Purdue wants to come in and be instant impact and play right away,” Hodge said. “They think I’m exactly what they need for their offense.” He can see himself in the Boilermakers offense, too. “It’s not too far, only about six and a half hours,” Hodge said. “Not too bad. I kind of like the cold weather. I like the love I’m getting from the coaches up there. “I talk to them all the time and they’re talking about me growing on the field and spiritually, stuff like that. They know that’s important to me.”

With most schools, the talk has centered around running back. With others, it’s either running back or linebacker. With Alabama next on his list, Hodge is just looking for an offer. “Alabama is nice,” he said. “Hopefully I’ll go down there and show out at the camp. I think they might offer me if I show out at the camp. (An offer from) Alabama would be big.”

i see no reason to change anything from my lest set of comments here. he doesn't want to come here. hopeing for FSU or Bama offer. hope he gets one or both. good luck.

I'm not sure who I had this conversation with but it was about state of TN kids being a different breed than kids in Alabama. They already have several of the Top 10 in their state committed while kids here think they can keep dragging out the process. I hope what Coach Pruitt does is take another RB or LB that he potentially was giving to Hodge and move on. My guess is Hodge won't be landing that huge offer or he will be a fallback to higher ranked guys at other places.

Kids are front runners. That’s just the way it is. Kids in Alabama aren’t any more loyal than anyone else. Their home state school has had the top program over the last decade. It’s as simple as that. There are kids who love a certain school and want to go there no matter what, but most kids want to go somewhere they can win and get to the next level in three years. It’s hard to say when it will be, but Alabama will eventually hit a rough patch, and kids will jump off the bandwagon without hesitation. If we get to where we are competing for championships, kids will be lining up to play here.

Kids are front runners. That’s just the way it is. Kids in Alabama aren’t any more loyal than anyone else. Their home state school has had the top program over the last decade. It’s as simple as that. There are kids who love a certain school and want to go there no matter what, but most kids want to go somewhere they can win and get to the next level in three years. It’s hard to say when it will be, but Alabama will eventually hit a rough patch, and kids will jump off the bandwagon without hesitation. If we get to where we are competing for championships, kids will be lining up to play here.
all true. but that's not the narrative that we get here. it's just another "in state miss" BS.

anyway.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I'm not sure who I had this conversation with but it was about state of TN kids being a different breed than kids in Alabama. They already have several of the Top 10 in their state committed while kids here think they can keep dragging out the process. I hope what Coach Pruitt does is take another RB or LB that he potentially was giving to Hodge and move on. My guess is Hodge won't be landing that huge offer or he will be a fallback to higher ranked guys at other places.
probabl purdue.

Laugh all you want, but to kids today, offers from UT and Purdue are similar.
not all kids. especially not kids with REAL options.

this kid will wind up at purdue because at some point we'll get a kid we want, and wants to be here, and he may not ever get that Bama/FSU offer....and there'll be old Purdue, waiting w/open arms.

and it'll be turned in to "how did Pruitt let a kid from 10 miles away go to Purdue? bad look tennessee, bad look. gotta stop the in state bleeding".

giphy.gif

They beat Ohio State in a nationally televised game. Beat their a$$es actually, and Jeff Brohm is their coach. Kids today do not remember 1998 cause they weren't even born.
Pruitt beat top 20 Auburn and UK last fall in his first year on national tv. So? And only Louisville, Purdue or diehard CFB fans know who Jeff Brohm is, certainly not your average HS recruit. Weird argument you have here for Purdue and UT being similar. They aren't.

VN Store

Back