'22 TN RB Jordan James (Oregon commit)

“He talked to me back-to-back days after he got the job,” James said of Heupel, who was introduced Jan. 27 as the Vols’ coach after spending the past three seasons at UCF. “He’s stayed in touch since then. I’ve talked to him about five, six times since he got the job.”

The 5-foot-10, 205-pound James, who plays with a handful of Tennessee’s other top in-state targets on the Tennessee Select 7-on-7 team, said Heupel has told him the “same thing he tells everybody else” about the importance of the Vols getting the top in-state players — particularly in the state’s talent-filled 2022 class — to stay home.

“He’s trying to keep the in-state people in-state, and (Heupel said) that I’m kind of the anchor to this 2022 recruiting class in Tennessee, so it’s important to get me,” said James, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 122 overall prospect and No. 8 running back in the 2022 class and the No. 3 junior from Tennessee.

still learning to multi quote

Needs to run track...
Just needs a little more speed!

Still a beast as is....

I invite any interested in this to scroll up and see who is sharing truth.
This makes zero sense. The truth is this stupidity was over two months ago and you chose today to randomly respond to it. Why? I don’t know and I hope you agree that it’s silly to continue.

Are we going to land any top targets this cycle? Especially in state? I’m concerned.
Sounds like James is a good candidate to stay in state. Nolen would be a good pickup, believe I saw De1 saying he’s at NPA now. If Simpson picks the Vols, he’s played with and knows the top TN players this cycle, I can see that having an impact of a draw to the state school. If you get Horn, he has connections with kids around ATL.

Are we going to land any top targets this cycle? Especially in state? I’m concerned.
Well land at the very least 10 or 11 of the in state kids. Anything else will be if the staff wants them.

Definites (well, 99%)
-James
-Hayden
-Nolen
-Horton
-Miller
-Anderson
-Kutas
-Hood
-Lewis
-B. Brown

If the staff wants Tommy Winton, Karson Gay, Kenzy Paul, Gio Davis, Anthony Brown or Tevin Carter they’re coming

Kody Jones likely flip possibility

Get one Wade twin, it’ll help with the other (depends on if Destin is dead set on QB or not).

Door is only really closed on Ty (not even 100% on that), Kaden and Groves. Pollard won’t come here either; no ravenwood kids ever do

Last edited:
Reactions: BucksnortVol
Well land at the very least 10 or 11 of the in state kids. Anything else will be if the staff wants them.

Definites
-James
-Hayden
-Nolen
-Horton
-Miller
-Anderson
-Kutas
-Hood
-Lewis
-B. Brown

If the staff wants Tommy Winton, Karson Gay, Kenzy Paul, Gio Davis, Anthony Brown or Tevin Carter they’re coming

Kody Jones likely flip possibility

Get one Wade twin, it’ll help with the other (depends on if Destin is dead set on QB or not).

Door is only really closed on Ty, Kaden and Groves. Pollard won’t come here either; no ravenwood kids ever do

See it to believe it with any recruit right now

But for conversation purposes if all of those kids are definitely coming then just take those last 3-4 kids. The class would be around 15-17 with instate alone.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
See it to believe it with any recruit right now
Most of the bottom half of that list has already been in heavy contact with the staff. Lewis especially already had a UCF offer and talked with Heupel a lot from that. Kutas is being treated like a star prospect by them. A lot of those kids go to schools with a heavy UT presence. Brown especially comes to mind for that.. if UT wants a Pearl Cohn kid, they get them. Anderson is probably our first commit unless Ty surprises everyone next week. The toughest one to land of that group is gonna be Horton, he’s less likely than Nolen

Nice job @vol4092

He sounds like he could be part of an instate group that could all come here together. James and Hayden would be awesome at running back.

How crazy that James Stewart played running back with Aaron Hayden at UT and that Jordan James could team with Dallan Hayden at running back as well?

Last edited:
Nice job @vol4092

He sounds like he could be part of an instate group that could all come here together. James and Hayden would be awesome at running back.

How crazy that James Stewart played running back with Aaron Hayden at UT and that Jordan James could team with Dallan Hayden at running back as well?
@vol4092 is the guy I think you meant to tag.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back